A refresh of auditing staff needed? Is it time for a change?

Title says it all.

Non existent (or virtually) non existent overall forum staff, time for a change?

Current players who are generally active all of the time are probably the best choices. Rather than others that vanish for extended periods or are not around at all.

And, for the record, I don't mean me, I wouldn't do it.

Perhaps this would generate more interest in the forums, get people posting again.

Re: A refresh of auditing staff needed? Is it time for a change?

Personal I disagree..there is nothing wrong with current Mods.

Yes we all have a slightly different agenda than we all used to. Time is harder to find from my prospective.

However the game has required less supervision over the last several months. I have found very little that has required any intervention.
Let's face it oz you tend to live on the forum site a lot more than any other play I have seen. If truth be known you are the biggest offender of flaming I have ever seen in this game (and I mean the last 10 years).
Now I do not mean in anyway to offend you, I am just saying it as I see it. I also believe you see it as fun without malice. Hence your idea of a "NO holds barred" option. Which was replied quickly by a Moderator/Player....with the correct information and just reply.imo.

As for and I quote "And, for the record, I don't mean me, I wouldn't do it. " Come on not you would not do it, as you have already in the past.... more you would not be asked to again.

Simply " if it ain't broke don't fix it".

Hey, big G. Long time no hear.

Firstly, "Now I do not mean in anyway to offend you,". Nope, no offence is ever taken. No worries.

Secondly, "if truth be known you are the biggest offender of flaming I have ever seen in this game (and I mean the last 10 years)".

Okay, possibly, but then again, as a percentage of total posts, I know it's a lot to look through, but I think you might find it's a minimal amount.

Also, whilst it's good to see you hear, it's been a very long time since you actually posted anything. So, from this point of view, got you here didn't it?

Whilst moderators have their real lives, the problems that go with that etc, fine, that takes precedence of course. But, in this postition you need to be here pretty much on a daily basis. As a member of "staff", if you can call it that, for want of a better word, then yes, the title explains it all. But surely, in this position, there is a responsibility of other sorts too?

"The forums are dead so no bother moderating"? Well, surely there is also a duty to keep the forums which you "moderate" alive?

To quote you, "Now I do not mean in anyway to offend you", but I feel that a sporadic burst in the forums, every few months, it's not really keeping things alive now is it?

" Come on not you would not do it, as you have already in the past.... more you would not be asked to again."

No, I wouldn't be asked again, but if I was, I still wouldn't do it. I have more important things, for me at least, to do. I couldn't afford the time to police the forums. As is evident, it seems the same for the current moderator team too. Hence the original post.

mightyoz wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:33 am
I have more important things, for me at least, to do. I couldn't afford the time to police the forums. As is evident, it seems the same for the current moderator team too. Hence the original post.
I disagree once again about the frequency of actions of the current Mod team. In truth just because there is less intervention or action from us does not mean we are not active. I for one check the forums weekly..rather than daily as maybe required a year or so ago but like everything else on the game, things have slowed down. Does not mean we are not here.

A good counsellor listens far more than they talk in fact a really good one hardly say's much at all.
Pulsar wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:59 pm
For once, I completely agree with Gozar on this (make a note in the history books!)
Don't be shocked over this.. Game play is one thing Moderating is another. but still a thanx Pulsar glad we are on the same page.

Then I'll disagree with you wholeheartedly.

Pulsar came back after a long absence, and you yourself, months away.

Again, not a personal attack, just an observation on what is indeed a fact.

I know, as I stated earlier, we are all people with everyday lives, these lives take precedence. But you cannot deny the lack of inactivity is alarming.

Perhaps there should be a finite time that moderators etc are in post?

A refresh of staff, periodically, it might just help liven things up a degree.

Ok Oz...can you please tell me what difference changing Mods will actually achieve.. rather than what you personally believe..
We are active more than you realise, but as I said before with less activity to act on it my seem that no one is here.

I just feel you wish to create an issue that is not there..However if Zorg feels it may help or the rest of the community I will go along with whatever is decide.