Re: Game News: What is CURRENTLY going on

Updated it. Expect the bundle of the new features soon. Some patience is needed till we collect the information we need about ACS Attack. Then the development team will proceed a bit faster. Our focus in the past time was some bug fixes and maintenance but mostly marketing of the game as our priority was to increase the players in the game (success so far but we need more!). We have developed some tracking tools we were missing and in generally administration tools that are not of your interest.

We have had a slow down in December due to some staff vacation but now we are ready to start developing again at top speed. If I wanted to sound optimistic I would say ACS attack in February and If I wanted to sound pessimistic, I would say in March. It will depend on the community as well.

Update:
-ACS attack is nearly finished. Soon it will be ready for alpha testing by the dev team and after alpha testing is completed successfully, it will be enabled in Beta Server for the beta crew to test. After enough tests are done, we will copy ACS attack in XTREME universe ONLY.

Acs attack is a very big feature that affects a lot of files so nothing will be rushed. Once it is successfully installed and it is running on XTREME it will be then installed on the new server we are preparing.

->Auto login system installed
After much testing and many security addons, we have enabled auto login. You can now check the box Remember me in login page and you will automatically login in the game in the future on the click of the logic icon. Do not use this on public computers.

->New first page / improved login page
First and login pages have been updated and improved. The first page has been changed to the current form in order to easily facilitate the future addition of the new universe. The login page has been improved in terms of information, speed and internal mechanisms to provide better functionality.

->New Universe Details
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Due to:
a)Marketing investment
b)Possible delay in ACS Attack implementation
the new universe will not any longer wait the ACS attack implementation.

We are forcing the implementation of the new universe as soon as possible. The new universe will be named: Standard

Standard universe will be different than current universe and our objective will be to create a universe where more casual gamers will be able to survive. We want the XTREME universe to be the ultimate challenge while standard will be a good universe for someone new to the game to start at.

For this, we have decided the following differences:
-10 Planets max
-Smaller Universe than Xtreme (9 galaxies still but 250 system galaxies rather than 500)
-Slower production than Xtreme (2x instead of 4x)
-Slower Fleet speed (2x instead of 3x)
-Slight changes in a few buildings/ship/tech costs.
-Different Plus options than Xtreme

Launch of the new universe will take place immediately after it is ready. Time for this is yet unknown but it will not be much time after as we got a marketing deal deadline with a big website that is pressing us right now.

Zorg wrote:Standard universe will be different than current universe and our objective will be to create a universe where more casual gamers will be able to survive. We want the XTREME universe to be the ultimate challenge while standard will be a good universe for someone new to the game to start at.

For this, we have decided the following differences:
-10 Planets max
-Smaller Universe than Xtreme (9 galaxies still but 250 system galaxies rather than 500)-Slower production than Xtreme (2x instead of 4x)
-Slower Fleet speed (2x instead of 3x)
-Slight changes in a few buildings/ship/tech costs.
-Different Plus options than Xtreme

Launch of the new universe will take place immediately after it is ready. Time for this is yet unknown but it will not be much time after as we got a marketing deal deadline with a big website that is pressing us right now.

With all due respect. Doesn't what I highlighted defeat the purpose. If the new universe is going to be more for the casual gamer, I would think that you would want the larger galaxy with less colonies. The slower fleet speeds and other change swill help but the colonies to systems ratio will remain the same.
[Showing no mercy!