Re: [All Universes] Discussion about Game development

:dance: You DO care! *hugs Zorg*

*backs away* That was really unproffesional....*ahem*...um, well, I'm going to go and uh...moderate...things.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]

Zorg wrote:Perhaps we can use this time till that voting to have ideas for turtles as well then. This will make it better for all sides. An implementation of acs attack and turtle buffs in the same time would surely make the gap smaller. And I am telling this because turtles are directly harmed by ACS attack implementation.
Just awesome :D
I have always wanted more variation in turtling and now it finally will be :dance:

Administrator wrote:No one from us wants to see a single player leave but unfortunately we cannot please everyone.
At this present time, we will implement ACS attack on the new universe and test it there. This is expected to happen in November.

Once a month of flawless operation passes (in the new universe, so minimum time to occur is December), we will put a site-wide voting poll in both existing universes. Each player with playing time of over 15 days will be forced to vote. If a 65% votes in favor of ACS attack, we will implement it.

This is the best and the most fair solution for everyone.

After all, it would be a suicide to universe reliability if we implemented it untested (Beta Server testing is less than enough). So there is no better option either.
I don't think you can get a better compromise. I look forward to the vote and perhaps more importantly the new server.
Those with nothing to loose have the most to gain. Long live the Miner!

Cant wait for turtle updates :D!!
Zorg wrote:Perhaps we can use this time till that voting to have ideas for turtles as well then. This will make it better for all sides. An implementation of acs attack and turtle buffs in the same time would surely make the gap smaller. And I am telling this because turtles are directly harmed by ACS attack implementation.
Live for The Guard, Die for The Guard.

I am just sadly disappointed by the above...

First talk about ACS attack started in January 2008 and quoting Zorg with phrases like: "we cannot delay this feature any more" and "we cannot wait any longer", it feels like a slap in the face to have this feature on the maybe-list with some unbelievable reasons given for possibly not implementing it. Worries about downtime and damage to reliability reputation? Change of current balance? Damage to universe activity? Come on, seriously?? :liar:

The current playerbase is urging for ACS attack in the current universes. We do not need a vote, the playerbase has been asking for this function for almost 3 years now! :wall:

But just to make sure I get this right: end of November 2010 a new server will even be introduced with ACS attack. And if that new server runs without problems for a month, possibly ACS attack will be introduced to extreme and standard? If so, it surely won't be introduced in both universes at the same time and since people in standard are apparently in the toilet anyway, they will be last in line?

So we are looking at maybe March 2011 for everyone to enjoy it? Or will the programming for ACS for these universes then again take more time? I am afraid of the answer.. ah no, just kidding, let's talk about turtles instead! :Doh:
There are 2 kinds of players: miners and fleeters.. Turtles?? Either confused miners or failed fleeters!

Ragnorac wrote:the playerbase has been asking for this function for almost 3 years now!
Just a small correction on something: this game has only been around since January, 2009.
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

Yes, and the first estimate for the date of implementation was a few months after that. I don't believe there was ever a guarantee as to when ACS attack would be released. In anything, there are unexpected errors that cause delay. I agree that it has been a strenuous cycle of announce, delay, but I think everyone here already knows that. And we, not knowing the circumstances, should not be criticizing, especially because it is a free game that you play by choice.

Ragnorac, im with you.. It does feel like 3 years, because the promises and delayed time have made it feel that long.

ACS is really important for this game to progress as its standing still, your talking about a voting system wasnt this the same last year?? Everyone will still say yes.

Please can we move this forward, why Novemner, why not next month?? Is there a difference?

TheLegendFishpond wrote:Please can we move this forward, why Novemner, why not next month?? Is there a difference?
Next month is November. Even though you posted on Sept. 29th, it's still pretty explanatory.
Thatguyeric wrote:I don't believe there was ever a guarantee as to when ACS attack would be released. In anything, there are unexpected errors that cause delay. And we, not knowing the circumstances, should not be criticizing, especially because it is a free game that you play by choice.
TGE is right. There was never a set date for ACS Attack. I know we're all dissapointed, and we have a right to be, but this IS a free game.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]