Re: [All Universes] Discussion about Game development

There was a discussion about rapid fire being not yet at 100% or is not working as the general norm of it supposed to be (referring to rf targeting ships at stack rather picking from a random pull). in my opinion if acs needs to be installed and that is in any server the R/F should be as per specification, or if it should remain as it is it should be stated clearly that it wont change in the future.

farther more the development precedence should be rapid fire fix to ACS attack. and by all means i want both of them.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

SkippyAustralia wrote:As I am a turtle the answer is simple. " don't be profitable and you won't be attacked " This applies to all types of gameplay. I am all for the ACS attack. I don't see how it will destroy shells in the game if you keep FS'ing, as there would be no profit.
True, but not everyone knows exactly how everything works. One of my shells was obliterated once for no absolute reason, and when asking the player, his reply was "Idk, no reason".

Having profit or not doesn't change the fact that people will still be - excuse my use of language - dicks and idiots. Also, why not try and keep someone's points down if you can? That's what the game is about, being the best. It doesn't matter where your points come from, the competition is non-stop.

Besides, this turtle idea should also be seen as a "treat" feature/a more broad way to expand our playing style and strategy. The fleeters here get all these new improvements and ways to fleet; but the turtles and miners get nothing? You have to look at this idea in different points of view.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]

Ok few reasonable questions to through your way Gale..

1st WHEN was the last time 'fleeters' got anything?
2nd WHAT is stopping anyone from being a 'dick' now? at over 4100 RiPs the only shell i could not hit left for new adventures..and have to pardon my own ignorance as i am really having a hard time deciding what you play..from the building ranking page ... 162 Gale Acedian 324.141 and from the defense ranking..52 Gale Acedian 433.819...now lets assume all those defense points are wrapped into one planet...when was the last time a top 10 fleeter attacked it for no profit?What will stop the rest of ~IB~ from doing it right this second?ahh nevermind i see why ...Gale(v).And that is perfectly fine and you right.I'm there right now until someone tells me Tom's 2k RiPs are heading for them ~IB~ or not...But in my opinion decisions of what people want the most should be left to those that spend the least amount of time in blueville and left to the population still left here full time to decide.

And not so much a question but one of the games true turtle's in skippy as i know 98% of these points are wrapped into one colony ...24 SkippyAustralia Black Rebellion 874.273 has said bring it on ..then whats the big deal.

bringing in my own point totals

1 -Death- Inglorious Bastards 13.963.595 fleet
5 -Death- Inglorious Bastards 6.911.428 building
8 -Death- Inglorious Bastards 1.678.243 defense (making me 4 times the turtle of yourself and i'm a fleeter)
5 -Death- Inglorious Bastards 781.689 research

whats the point in posting those?? i didn't get them by being an attack to be a dick non profit man.If you lost 2 of your fingers you could still count the non profit hits i have made..the inactive anres turtle...the skippy 1st hit..although that did lead to profit in the end..and the recycling project i did with dex.

Your personal hatred for the members of ~IB~ are clouding your judgment on what people that play the game everyday want to see implemented.The bigger picture is for those fleeters not ranked in the top 10 will not have a chance to come together and compete against those in top 10 and take them out.

I think it is time we have three separate game development threads.

1) Discussion about Game development for Miners
2) Discussion about Game development for Fleeters
3) Discussion about Game development for Turtles

Clearly we want, from our perspective, what we think is most valuable to us. Its really should focus towards what are the possible game developments. And in finality it is up to the game developers to choose from which development they see fits the priority. On each thread you try to strengthening your case by providing valuable insights rather trying to abolish each others ideas. Ppl ideas are never wrong its the self righteousness of the view that my own is right and the only one there should be is wrong. We must not forget at the end of the day none of us do the development but the programmers. So we can only plea and plea in a constructive way.

So shall we have it?

what good will talking about any of those 3 do?seriously..we can all talk till we are blue in the face about all 3 of those ideas..but time has proven...2 years time as a matter of fact...nothing will come of it..because it will effect game balance in extreme..love how loosely that term is used.

way back a long long time ago..let me dig it up..http://www.zorgempire.com/forums/viewto ... f=7&t=3977 feb 20 of this year i basically told you how to stop me..anything done about it?

i like your thought Spy..really i do..but in all honesty from my previous post..it does not matter which field gets improved..or even all of them..i only get stronger.Like it or not i set the bar in every catagory and yes i may not be at the top in all of them but i have myself in a position to remain in top of each for a very long time.

ball has been in zorgs court to stop me and i have even said how it can be done..but the ball has been dead on any issue that has a real impact on game play since this obscure version of the RF battle engine came into play 12 months ago.

Pretend I'm from Missouri and show me..show me with the current beta team assembled they understand what they are in beta for..and will stay active long enough to ACTUALLY accomplish anything that is Implimented that effects game play and strategy ..before 2011 ;)

it is fruitless in arguing that this is the best or that is the best. lets try to come up with the developments that from the three playing style which one we think is most valuable. and give those to the programmers and say ok we have discussed this are the three things needs to be done. now lets not ask which one comes out first but just ask them to pick their 1 2 3 and work accordingly with clear schedule. no development request shall be made or discussed till those are done.

in this way there is no chance of getting diverted of the development focus or any accusation of ploy to delay the development. i mean literally lock this thread or any other thread from getting reopened till the shout upgrades are done.

lets be clear and subtle on what we want. and we have been patience and lets be patience a bit more.

if this dont work then i would say as a community we hold no worth to the game developers. as clearly they would not value what the gamers pool want. if it goes norhtward then we all win!!! and we celebrate the game and keep playing.

---Start defense---

->Our philosophy is always small steps forward.

There are so many changes scheduled on such little time and as a result there will be absolutely no rush (it never has been so far).

Still, our developing speed compared to other games, is excellent. Just look back how many things have been accomplished since start (add to this a lot more that have been done in the background).

The game has been stable, active and we are constantly trying to catch the pulse of the playerbase before we implement new things.

I can tell that receiving (heavy) critisism for our achievements so far, has good aspects. As long as critizing remains at a normal level and does not become hatress, we will listen to it. We always try to improve and this is why we somewhat invite (and allow) this critisim.

Finally, rest assured that:
-The game is now more stable than ever (more servers, more speed, bug free gameplay, 100% daily backups, better security against malicious attacks, etc)
-The game is now more active than ever (Total number of active players in both universes is the largest than ever right now)
-The forums are more active than ever (More posts, more posters, more interest)
-The gameplay is better than ever (For example, is there even a comparison between current battle simulator with the old one ? Or even to the no-simulator at start ?)
-The development team is active and the game not neglected (This is something we always had but it is important. Many other games suffer from exactly this.)
-Our community is at its best (and keeps getting better and this is thanks you all and the mods of course).

Also, there are plans for new features that will improve the game. Plans for greater advertising budget that will bring even more players to the game. Plans for a new universe that will be exactly what many players want and that is rare to find (because such a universe is not financially optimal). There are many other plans related to the game that I cannot reveal but are also important and will upgrade your experience and the game.

I fail to see what the poster above said that Zorg Empire reached its peak, I do not see any peak in the near future and this will be proved.

Finally, I know that there is a great majority who is very happy with what we have done so far, enjoys the game and hopes for even better; we will not let you down.

(All defense is mostly my own perspective and does not represent an official administration stance. I guess that if there was an official administration stance, it would be something along the lines: We are working hard right now, wait and see)

----End defense---------

As to the so called ACS attack issue and the rest, let me REMIND some things:

-ACS attack will be in the new universe since start
-Xtreme universe will get new ships/techs

Also, there is no such thing as RAPID fire not working correctly. What exists to my knowledge, is a discussion about battle engine (important thread where anyone can post at any time) and there are also some theories from a few players (dunno an exact number, I can recall 2-3 names right now though) that support that RF should work differently. Again to my knowledge, this is a closed issue right now as there has been a reply from the head administrator (somewhere, i did not spend time to find it while writing this) which states that even if we would change RF and battle engine to what is suggested, there would be closely similar results with what results we get now.

Regarding ideas to protect turtles, this has nothing to do about how turtles see the game and how fleeters etc. It has been brought because of the controversy created. A controversy that caught the attention of the dev team. A controversy that worried us and thought to investigate more. A controversy that I am still personally not well informed about actual facts. This is why I asked for ideas...

Remember, I am the community administrator and my job is to care about the community. With time I got more authorities,tasks and administration rights, like taking care of coordination between the community and developer team about many things such as bug fixes, suggestions etc. Make my job easier and rest assured that implementations will be faster and better.

-Death- wrote:52 Gale Acedian 433.819...now lets assume all those defense points are wrapped into one planet...
They're not.
-Death- wrote:bringing in my own point totals

1 -Death- Inglorious Bastards 13.963.595 fleet
5 -Death- Inglorious Bastards 6.911.428 building
8 -Death- Inglorious Bastards 1.678.243 defense (making me 4 times the turtle of yourself and i'm a fleeter)
Perhaps you should consider the fact that I haven't reached 1mil points yet. Plus, I never praised how powerful of a turtle I was, I was simply stating an example.
-Death- wrote:What will stop the rest of ~IB~ from doing it right this second?ahh nevermind i see why ...Gale(v).And that is perfectly fine and you right.I'm there right now until someone tells me Tom's 2k RiPs are heading for them ~IB~ or not...But in my opinion decisions of what people want the most should be left to those that spend the least amount of time in blueville and left to the population still left here full time to decide.
Maybe the case is that I just entered "blueville" yesterday for extremely personal reasons. Did you ever consider that? Maybe the longest time I've been in VM ever was for one week. Did you consider that? Maybe I just don't have the brain power to figure out all my numbers in-game because I'm so exhausted from what has happened in RL. Did you consider that? Maybe the reason I'm a forum moderator is because I'm very ZE expirienced, and therefore, spend tons of time dedicated to in-game. Did you consider that? Maybe I'm going through hell right now in many different areas of my life and am trying my best to continue posting on these forums. Did you consider that? No, you didn't.
-Death- wrote:2nd WHAT is stopping anyone from being a 'dick' now?
Apparently nothing judging from my post above. I'd appreciate it if you kept your anger to yourself, seeing as how I've done absolutely nothing to you. And yes, if you couldn't tell, I'm offended. Apparently stating my personal opinion in the forums as a player of ZE isn't allowed anymore without someone mauling the living daylights out of it. I don't know what your problem is, but it sure as hell isn't with me, so find something else to shoot your negative attitude at. Grow up and stop overreacting.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]