[All Universes] Discussion about Game development

Discussion thread regarding recent announcement:
Administration wrote:Greetings,

This is a general update on our current work in game development.

It is expected that tomorrow will be the final day of server security development. We have worked hard in the recent time and we improved:
-Servers security
-Servers stability
-Servers speed

Tomorrow we will be implementing the final changes on security part which are expected to further help (considerably) all the thee sections mentioned above.

This means we will be free to focus in things that make the community happy, like Player Suggestions (although for us, the background work is more important).
Other GOOD news are that we have extended the heavy development period and it now includes November. This means we will be able to do a lot more things from Player Suggestions. The main reason for this decision is that there are a lot of worthy player suggestions that have to be implemented for the improvement of the game. We also feel obligated to do so due to the massive support and faith we have received all this time from you; Think of it as our way to say thanks.

As for the sequence we will follow:
-Bug Fixes
-Player Suggestions Implementation
-Other Improvements
-New Universe

Some other details that are of great interest:
-ACS attack will not be enabled in Standard Universe and X-TREME Universe. The main reasons for this decision are:
*ACS attack is a very large feature that affects many current game files. It is very difficult to implement this in such lively servers without problems. It would also require a great deal of downtime. We do not want to damage our reliability reputation by risking with such a difficult implementation.
*These universes are successful as they are now. ACS attack implementation is a feature that would definitely change the current balances. As a result, we cannot take this risk that could damage universe activity.

-The new universe will have ACS attack.
-The new universe launch day will be (probably, as it will heavily depend on development) in November. Perhaps late November because the new universe will need Beta Testing before its launch.
-The new universe main characteristics will be SPEED and ACS Attack. The speed will be at least 5x (Playerbase will help for final decision) for: Fleet Speed, Construction (Buildings,fleet,defense), Research and 4x for production. As a result, it's name will be SPEED. Finally, there will be characteristics of the new universe (such as map size and planets allowed) that will be decided together with the player base.

-X-TREME universe will get new building/techs/ships in order to remain interesting. Our objective is to keep X-TREME universe heavily active as it is and in fact increase the active playerbase by at lease 1/3 of current. These implementations will be PRIOR of the new universe (In October)

-Standard Universe will not get these new buildings/techs/ships but it may get them in the future if they prove beneficial. Same goes for the new universe.

Re: [All Universes] Discussion about Game development

Its pretty disappointing that there is no ACS attack planned for standard universe. Thats the only thing i waited for, spent money and also pretty much the only reason to keep on playing. Without ACS attack its basically a one-man-show with no teamwork required at all (and who can spend more rubies to buy ressources, moons). It should be reconsidered and i think most players will accept a downtime in order to receive new features in future (not only ACS). Why should ppl bother to register in standard universe with no hope to get some fleets cause players have registered months earlier and are invincible. ACS attack is a must-have. Without it, the reputation will drop imo much more.

Furthermore i dont think standard universe is doing so well. The situation wont get better with a new universe and ACS attack feature which will attract ppl away from the standard uni of course. Ive seen other games where admins raised up a new universe every month but in the end u have ghost servers and ppl will get more and more angry cause of the inactivity.

Take these points into consideration:
-Standard Universe attracts players because of it's speed. It is highly unlikely that a player that would play Standard will even think of playing Speed because of the great difference gameplay requires.
-With the addition of Standard server, we have maintained activity in X-TREME.
-Right now, a great deal of new players do not keep playing after day 1 because of how advanced they are (especially the XTREME universe).
-Standard universe was introduced in March. Till November there will be 8 months difference. We are not in favor of adding a universe per month, however we will keep the strategy of periodically adding new universes in order to offer different setups. We do not want to ever launch a universe with same settings with another.
-There is no great downtime needed for various implementations and there sure will be implementations for standard. ACS attack is the issue and what makes the big difference. Regarding ACS implmentation, in the long run, we cannot know what will happen; it is always more up to the playerbase, but at present point it cannot be done.

We want to be optimistic, we do not believe that there will be any ghost universes in Zorg Empire; We have the player base, the plan and the resources to avoid this.
Finally, there will be controversy for sure but a decision was needed for this and we tried to take the best one.

This is all i needed i see to hang it up for good.Everyone who knows what is going on elsewhere is where you will find me.Not gonna just blurt it out but word of mouth has most of us migrating to it already.

Not sure which is worse,in the fact you believe what you say..or you actually say it.

Not playing your own game,you have no idea what impact your decisions have on it.Your player base is about to..nevermind it already has taken a major downturn.ACS attack has been promised to us for eternity on X-treme..a beta crew was already put together once to do all the testing and now you are reniging on that promise.

Anyhow not gonna make a long drawn out goodbye to the rest of you as i will see the ones i want to see over in the other place enjoying the acs attack that was done in less than a day.Makes me sad to all those that put together nice RiP counts collectivally that had ACS been given to us could have taken me out.Good luck to the next #1.

Signing off for good..
The Cuntis

Not having an ACS attack on extreme is a big let down. It is one of the few things that I have been looking forward to. For months even.

Only a few left extreme for standard because standard was too slow.
What server would be better than the current extreme uni? A slightly faster uni with an ACS attack? Hell yeah!
A new speed server would draw off new players from the extreme. Those that will be left will be the turtles, lone players and veterans who can't abandon what they have been working for for months.

IMO, a new server should only be made if there is already overcrowding in the old server. Until then the game should be continuously upgraded.
Seasons end.

I have been waiting for ACS attack for over a year now, it would have changed the outcome of the rankings a lot if it was released early in game.
But you know what they say, better late then never.
The sad thing is that some players who have also been waiting for this to get implemented stopped playing, but I think ACS will attract more newer players since the game will offer some intense strategy.
That's why I see a brighter future for ZE and I hope that old players will return as well :)

No one from us wants to see a single player leave but unfortunately we cannot please everyone.
At this present time, we will implement ACS attack on the new universe and test it there. This is expected to happen in November.

Once a month of flawless operation passes (in the new universe, so minimum time to occur is December), we will put a site-wide voting poll in both existing universes. Each player with playing time of over 15 days will be forced to vote. If a 65% votes in favor of ACS attack, we will implement it.

This is the best and the most fair solution for everyone.

After all, it would be a suicide to universe reliability if we implemented it untested (Beta Server testing is less than enough). So there is no better option either.

neoshagrath wrote:Not having an ACS attack on extreme is a big let down. It is one of the few things that I have been looking forward to. For months even.
Also something that I've been looking forward to for months...a turtle update. A lot of things have been said, and nothing has been done.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]

Perhaps we can use this time till that voting to have ideas for turtles as well then. This will make it better for all sides. An implementation of acs attack and turtle buffs in the same time would surely make the gap smaller. And I am telling this because turtles are directly harmed by ACS attack implementation.