Re: [All Universes] Discussion about Game development

Guys, getting angry isn't going to solve a thing. The others are right after all, Standard Universe was intended for casual gamers, if you are not casual and want to hunt fleets with groups of players, head over to X-Treme, you'd have a lot more fun.

And Rava, promises are simply words, the way you talk about it is as if the admins signed a written contract in friggin blood or something. If you want to know how bad waiting for ACS really feels, we over in X-Treme were first promised ACS as a deadline sometime back in early summer of 2009. Since then we have probably gone through 6 or so deadlines for ACS and been disappointed each an every time. We have no control, admins must make their own decisions.

Finally, Standard will never die out, ever. Sure you guys may leave, but the real casual players will then be left to grow in peace and do what they please with the little time they can play. As of course the universe was intended for.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

rava wrote:jedi .. i think u should look at this url

http://www.zorgempire.com/forums/viewto ... f=5&t=5577
Greetings,

There has been much controversy lately regarding the implementation of ACS Attack in the X-TREME server. The controversy has been among the players but also among the development team.

We have dedicated much time in order to take a final decision, a decision that will be fair for everyone.

Here are the facts:

* ACS Attack has been promised to X-TREME Universe players while it was always an anticipated feature by the majority of the playerbase (since the game start).
* Not everyone want ACS Attack implemented (For strategy reasons)
* ACS attack will provide more options to all players, giving them the hope and chance to break free from any big player.
* ACS Attack will provide Zorg Empire a positive weapon in the competition
* ACS Attack already has an antidote: It is called ACS Defend
* A large majority of the players have no idea what an ACS Attack is (*Confirmed) but it is more likely they will like the implementation (*Likeness probability is based on short surveys of the playerbase conducted by Zorg).

Here are some of the solutions proposed:

[1]Enable ACS Attack to a new Universe, let current Universes as they are
[2]Definitely enable ACS Attack on X-TREME
[3]Enable ACS Attack on X-TREME but first provide more tools for turtles
[4]Make a poll and the playerbase will decide

Hopefully, the above explanations give you the current picture partially.
The development team has taken final decisions and they are mostly based to official announcements of the past (and not the near past). The announcement below cancels any different announcements of the past.

FINAL DECISIONS

* X-TREME server will get ACS Attack once it is fully operational in Beta Server (Estimated Time:In 15 days: This will also give you preparation time)
* Standard server will not get ACS Attack. We will create in the future an extra IDENTICAL universe as Standard which will have ACS Attack.
* New Universe SPEED will have ACS Attack.
* Any changes on the X-TREME universe are from now on free of relevance of what happens with other universes (This cancels any priority chains that were relevant to other universes progress)
* Especially for the X-TREME Universe, we are open for additional ideas as discussed in: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5419&start=50

The logic behind our decision is that we want to keep Zorg Empire ahead of competition and ACS attack is what we do not currently have. X-TREME server playerbase has been very important for us and we want to deliver what we promised. We admit we had many second thoughts which were primarily sourced by the controversy that was created among the playerbase. In general, we are very sceptical when controversy is created and this is the main reason ACS attack took so long. Time for progress.

This particular decision will give Standard Universe more meaning as people that do not want ACS attack can play there. We CANNOT have a universe named X-TREME without ACS Attack!!! it is completely against the primary logic. People join X-TREME server because they want to compete in the top level and the top level is relevant with ACS Attack in the top level.

You may discuss this at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5419
then u will see not us saying about identical server but zorg it self
correct me if i wrong
Let me guess, thats the only post you found where it says so.
Even though the Speed Universe comes out first you focus on something that's only mentioned once and still isn't 100%.
Admins won't release a new universe without proper investigation first and as you can see that there are plans for in the future for an identical standard server with ACS attack but thats only if there is a need for it and also if it keeps standard profitable (in other words: if its not dying out)
It has a huge interval of time before a release of a next universe and even now its not sure if there will be an identical standard universe regardless of that post.
When there is an announcement of a new universe it will be mentioned in a topic also called new universe, not inside an irrelevant topic in a post where it only builds up the argument.

This is how I see it. Most of the players in standard that is are in the top ranks, are from another server or another game just like this one. They come to this uni becuase xtreme has a unreachable top teir or people that if you start now you can ever reach. Standard was a way for us to play on a good server and a clean sheet. While at the same time being given the same basic tools as other uni. So for the people who put money and time into this game as a donation or what ever other reason just wanted a even start to play with everyone else. There is no way that you can say that you could have a chance in xtreme now. Pluse they cant take the money or time the have already put into standard to the new faster server that they said will be coming. I bet if they said that xtreme is going to be reset and your guys that bought rubies lose all you donated. You guys will be saying the samething. Now if they wanted to start over xtreme I would be willing to join that, but I know that will never happen. Maybe I will join the next uni but I dought it. this is another time when someone say something with money invouled, and now things are turned around and people are out of "DONATIONS" and time that they installed just because of the special few.

Thanks just what I think. And by the way. If they made the same uni as standard with acs attack and gave people the choice to play in either. I bet the uni without acs would slow but surely fall off.
THERE WILL BE NO MORE TURTLE POWER IN STANDAR ANYMORE!!!
WE FLEETERS ARE STARTING TO FLIP YOU ON YOUR BACK AND SPIN YOU AROUND UNTIL YOU GIVE UP!!!!!

666 wrote:This is how I see it. Most of the players in standard that is are in the top ranks, are from another server or another game just like this one. They come to this uni becuase xtreme has a unreachable top teir or people that if you start now you can ever reach. Standard was a way for us to play on a good server and a clean sheet. While at the same time being given the same basic tools as other uni. So for the people who put money and time into this game as a donation or what ever other reason just wanted a even start to play with everyone else. There is no way that you can say that you could have a chance in xtreme now. Pluse they cant take the money or time the have already put into standard to the new faster server that they said will be coming. I bet if they said that xtreme is going to be reset and your guys that bought rubies lose all you donated. You guys will be saying the samething. Now if they wanted to start over xtreme I would be willing to join that, but I know that will never happen. Maybe I will join the next uni but I dought it. this is another time when someone say something with money invouled, and now things are turned around and people are out of "DONATIONS" and time that they installed just because of the special few.

Thanks just what I think. And by the way. If they made the same uni as standard with acs attack and gave people the choice to play in either. I bet the uni without acs would slow but surely fall off.
Its actually bull to have that as the only reason to not play at Xtreme, almost every online game (no matter the genre) has this where the older players are unreachable and the newer players have no chance.
But with time and hard work your still be able to close the gap.
Hypothetically speaking by that logic it means that every time when a new amount of players comes it needs to be reseted, a game resets for a reason that has to do with the play style and not because they need to because of extern reasons.
Every1 starts as a noob and every1 thinks the top is unreachable but they proof them selfs wrong.