Feedback needed: New Universe Details / Promotion

As you may already know, we are currently developing a long list of nifty features (such as jump gate max button, acs attack battle sim, new messages layout, profile page and a lot more) that are however expected to be released very soon.

So it is a good time to start the discussion regarding new Speed universe details and hear your ideas about it.

Here are the Preliminary SPEED Universe Details, as we thought of them:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
-Map: (9 Galaxies, 365 systems)
-Game Speed: x8
-Fleet Speed: x8
-Resources speed: x3
-Planets allowed: 10 + 1 (As Standard)
-More Expensive Colony ships: x10 (x4 in Standard, x1 in X-TREME)
-More Expensive Probes: x4 (x4 in Standard, x1 in X-TREME)
-ACS Attack + ACS Defend
-Protection rules same as other universes (till 10k and x5 till then)
-1 point = 5000 Resources
-Planet Size Cap: 300 fields
-Homeworld size: 200 Fields
-RIP consumption: 1000 units

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Game Promotion

The new universe will need more players; We do want to increase our active playerbase, not to limit the existing one.

A big thanks to everyone who is supporting the game by buying rubies; Thanks to you, we were able all these months to save money and we will be able to advertise a lot, bringing several thousands of new players in the first few days.

From the big scale advertising we will unleash, the other 2 universes are also expected to get a lot of new players. (for your good info, we already advertise daily for the existing universes).

However, this is not enough. We will need your help as well. The referral system will be active in SPEED and you will be able to use it in order to bring more players and win rubies. Besides the ref system, word of mouth, facebook, use of a website you perhaps own, msn etc can be good ways to invite your friends and vital for creating a giga universe where everyone will have fun.

Besides these, we are open to promotion ideas you might have, let us know here.

As always, we are well informed of what the playerbase thinks and we are always up to date with what you write. I personally choose not to interfere often but rest assured that your voice is heard and that the rest of the dev team is always well informed.

Thank you!

Re: Feedback needed: New Universe Details / Promotion

IKICKAYOUWASSNOW wrote:
Istalris wrote:Just feel like pointing out that 3x resources production in comparison to 8x game speed is pretty crappy. Bump it up to at least 4 or 5.
Its a speed universe with a fleeting mentality from the looks of it, not a powderpuff uni. 3x is enough, people will just be raiding low amounts often.
A universe for fleeters? Right lol, good luck filling it.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

As there is also ZE on Facebook it helps to let join more newer players which is cool, nowadays lots of younger people create a Facebook account and its very influent on their life.
I think there should be something added on Facebook that makes people join the game out of curiosity, as for what makes me want to join if I see a game is the activity and something like a quiz to increase my interest: for example, do you like sci-fi movies, what is you favorite kind of sci-fi technology: laser, ion, plasma, shields, weapons, engines, energy etc.
Which tells you at the end what kind of ZE player you are and what kind a play style you prefer.
For people who don't know the game it makes them want to try it out.
Purely based on a activity people get more interested, how about it?

Istalris wrote:
IKICKAYOUWASSNOW wrote:
Istalris wrote:Just feel like pointing out that 3x resources production in comparison to 8x game speed is pretty crappy. Bump it up to at least 4 or 5.
Its a speed universe with a fleeting mentality from the looks of it, not a powderpuff uni. 3x is enough, people will just be raiding low amounts often.
A universe for fleeters? Right lol, good luck filling it.
A universe with only miners, good luck paying for it.
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

What is the speed of resources production in Xtream? Is it 2x? If so I agree that 3x is too slow especially if the max number of planets has been cut in half. I will let the math speak for itself.

20 planets x 2x production = 40

10 planets x 3x production = 30

that means that there is actually a 25% decrease in resource production when compared to Xtream. That being said what ever resource production is in Xtream it needs to be at a minimum doubled just to keep pace due to the proposed reduction in max number of planets. One thing that has become clear to me is that big fleets need lots of resources. If you want this to be a speed server then resource production needs to be fast.

It does not matter if you can get your fleet to a planet in 30 seconds if there are no resources there to take.

I would also like to see a change in the max number of planets I would like to see 15 + 1. The reason for this is that it will do a better job of filling an Xtream sized map. Also by having a different max number of planets I think that it will give the speed universe a different feel. One last reason is that there are 15 slots available in a system why not have it be 15 planets available.
Those with nothing to loose have the most to gain. Long live the Miner!