Re: Feedback needed: New Universe Details / Promotion

Dr_triad3 wrote:Your wheel Idea is interesting but I find the CPU analogy more compelling,We need faster production before more galaxies with more planets.Zorg seems set on few planets so adding more galaxies would just make it emptier since each person only gets 10.
18 galaxies of 249 systems (which is what I proposed) is almost the same size as 9 galaxies of 499 (which is what Zorg proposed). Technically 18 of 249 is 18 systems smaller than 9 of 499 but it is close enough. Zorg's goal is to have enough active players on the speed server that it will still be full. That brings up one more important point which is that it will take some time to fill a large universe therefore by implementing the wheel idea with 18 galaxies it will effectively increase the reach of fleets while still allowing plenty of room for new players.
Last edited by love2scoobysnack on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Those with nothing to loose have the most to gain. Long live the Miner!

First post updated with all info collected from the discussion.
Our objective is to create a server that corresponds to the name give to it. We can have as many distinguishes with the rest of servers we want; However the title must live up to the characteristics because we want the new player to get what he choosed based on the title (not every new player can understand the meaning of all distinguishes; this is our job)

Everything still under discussion.
The 365 system will be good and it will be good for up to 4500 fully active players. We believe the number will be around 4000 max so it is ok.

Production speed of 3x sounds good but we cannot rule out 4x yet.

We are considering to lift the price of computers technology to increase strategy on fleets management and importancy in the high speed of the fleets. Feel free to discuss this or any other adjustments to techs/building/ship costs.

i would have to say bump up the production too. With only 11 planets instead of 21, and slower resource production, the game will be much slower than extreme. Miners are not at a significant disadvantage the way I see it, but there will be less resources. Resources are made from mines. Only mines. Plus options make a negligible portion of total resources. If mines suck, then obviously there will be less resources. The farms or fleets that fleeters need to grow won't be there either. It would hurt everyone.

If you want a speed universe, I think that mines should produce the same as xtreme with 21 planets, or make them produce double xtreme with 11 planets. That puts more total resources into circulation and speeds up everything.

Also, I think the building speed should be increased.