Re: Universe layout

This should be the final thread for this and if shot down only brought up for reevaluation in 6 months.I believe we all know how this would work.

I support this as well
Gale points:ummm to far behind to care and too long since I got one to remember

That which is written without effort is usually read without enjoyment.

I don't understand this idea..as Zorg states it would make the Uni only 4.5 galaxies in size. It will reduse FS options and attack times.. Aslo reduce deut consuption.. (would be good for fleeters ) however I thnk spoil the game.. In terms of physics our Universe is joined to others it does not turn back on its self..

Again if it is not broken why fix it.. or are we just looiking for things to change for the sake of it..?

For the speed universe I suggested doubling the number of galaxies and having half the number of systems to compensate.

18 galaxies

249 systems in each galaxy

Doing it this way will preserve the long fleet save and reduce how big the server feels while maintaining the actual size of the server. I can't think of a better way to make a server feel fast (other than insane resource production of course).
Those with nothing to loose have the most to gain. Long live the Miner!

love2scoobysnack wrote: 18 galaxies

249 systems in each galaxy
I don't see the need for the extra Galaxies. This will be a speed server, and as such, the FS durations will be shorter - indicative of the ship speed increase. Players will need to re-adjust their strategy and gameplay style to account for the incredible speed enhancement.

This server will be nothing like Standard or Xtreme server. So buckle up for the fast ride. :dance:
'Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No lamb for the lazy wolf.
No battle's won in bed.'

The Havermal (Viking Book of Wisdom)