Multi-tiered proctective status.

Note: I searched the forums to see if this was already suggested but could not find anything. If it has been suggested already, then I think it needs to be re-evaluated.

What I suggest is to have a multi-tiered protective status in-game. Currently, the only protective status in place is the 5000 point threshhold and the x5 proctective status (where you cannot attack anyone with x5 or x/5 points).

I suggest that it be further broken down to the following (point leveles can be debated):
(Also, the x5 protective status would still be applicable for each status division.)

Noob Status (0-5000 points)
Only players within the Noob Status can attack each other, unless they become 2 day dormant or become inactive/banned status.

Novice Status (5001 - 1 million points)
Only players within the Novice Status can attack each other, unless they become 2 day dormant or become inactive/banned status.

Advanced Status (Over 1 million points)
Only players within the Advanced Status can attack each other, unless they become 2 day dormant or become inactive/banned status.

I make this suggestion to keep the Higher ranked players from demoralizing the new players and causing them to quit before they can even make any headway in the game. With the second division of status, it keeps the players playing longer and gives them a fair chance to play the way they want to.

I welcome any comments or modifications to this suggestion. ;)
'Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No lamb for the lazy wolf.
No battle's won in bed.'

The Havermal (Viking Book of Wisdom)

Re: Multi-tiered proctective status.

I like the concept however, I don't like the hard line where you can't attack anyone in the other classes. What if instead the 5x up and down rule were applied when attacking to a different level.

e.g. A play with 750k points can attack someone in advanced status with 3 mil points but not a player with 4 mil points

This will help to expand how many players are available for attack for those that are at the lower end of each status group.

on a side note it is my understanding that current protection goes up to 10k not 5k and the noob group should at a minimum be the same
Those with nothing to loose have the most to gain. Long live the Miner!