ACS Jumpgate

The other day, I was thinking "Since I only have one moon, and the other guy in my alliance only has one moon, it would be nice if we could build a single jumpgate on both moons and sync them together somehow."
So, I thought of the idea of using a jumpgate like an ACS attack. Instead of launching right away, an alliance mate's fleet could be able to temporarily land on a moon, and then both of them could use the jumpgate to get across the galaxy. Please leave feedback on this, I can elaborate further upon request.
Average Person ~ Gale Points: 28
RIP Me.

Re: ACS Jumpgate

I like the idea but logistically it is impossible because it would require you to launch a fleet from another players moon which just isn't allowed.

Edit: Karroth if you weren't so long winded you would have gotten your fancy explanation posted before me :P
Last edited by love2scoobysnack on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Those with nothing to loose have the most to gain. Long live the Miner!

I'm not sure that's feasible. What you're saying, if I'm not mistaken, is that you jump fleet from your moon to your friend's moon. Then what? Do you have access to fleets on his moon now? Do you have to preset the mission for when it leaves the JG? Does the other player have to allow you to do this anytime, or can you just use it at your own discretion? What about raids? After all, resources cannot be taken through the JG. Not to mention that this would give strong fleeting alliances (i.e. Inglorious Bastards) the power to utilize a JG in probably about every 25 systems. That's a rough estimate, mind you, but you get the idea. While it would be nice to be able to use other people's nice shiny buildings (like Istal's mines >.>), I'm not sure that's what the game needs.
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

GTFO my mines. (d)

But yeah, as has been said, a logistically impossible feat, since you would need pseudo-access to your friends account. Which is a huge no-no.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

Whats about you jump to your friends moon, acs defend mission till the JG cools down, then jump back? No resources required, and the friend would just see your fleet on what appears to be an acs defend mission until JG cools down, where it would automatically jump back.
Xtreme Uni - Zorgon1

Standard Uni - Zorgon1

Speed Uni - Swerg

Massacre Uni - Pokemon_Master

Phear me o_O

And the point of that would be...? The only reason would be to protect your friend's moon, but that really doesn't seem fair to the attacker, who already has to worry about a ninja from that player's moons. Adding the entire alliance just seems excessive to me.
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

But then we'd bring back the old ACS problem of having your fleet stuck for an hour an not being able to do anything, I think it might balance out....
Xtreme Uni - Zorgon1

Standard Uni - Zorgon1

Speed Uni - Swerg

Massacre Uni - Pokemon_Master

Phear me o_O