Moonshot resource requirements.

First of all, many thanks to those that spent part of their valuable time to create the how-tos in this forum for newbs like me. Regarding the details /logistics of a moonshot, I think I am missing something.

First Question: If I use an arbitrary figure of 1,000,000 resources for a moonshot, that's 40 large cargo ships full of metal (as an example). But, from what I've been reading it seems that cargo ship cargo is not part of the calculation. They are only valued by their construction components (7500m+7500c each). Is that right ? (I would have assumed the contents of the ships' holds would count toward the debris field as well as parts of the ships themselves).

Second Question: Using the same arbitrary example of 1,000,000 resources, That's 67 large cargo ships (unless the cargo counts and would be 40). If we work with the 40, they collectively have 600,000 structure points and 1000 shield strength before research modifications to armor and shields. Since there doesn't appear to be rapid fire against cargo ships, would that mean the equivalent of 201+ plasma cannons would be required to destroy the fleet (@ 3000 attach each)?

Re: Moons Explained

First Answer: cargo in an a destroyed fleet is destroyed with the fleet but does NOT add to the DF. Using LCs as in your example, your best chance of getting a moon (19% currently) is with 212 cargoes. Filling them does not help in any way, and in fact the only thing that will happen is you'll find yourself losing that res.

Second Answer: I'm not exactly a whiz at battle specs, but I would recommend using either the provided Battle Sim or Istal's Sim to determine what you need. You can play with the numbers until things appear to turn out well for you. (If you use the Battle Sim, I recommend re-simming it multiple times to ensure accuracy).
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

Check out the first couple posts in this thread and that should answer your questions. Moon creation is instantaneous after battle, and only counts the DF from that battle.
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

Nice suggestions. However, i was just hit and as a result, i have a df (400.000 met , 1.800.000 cryst) its been lying there for a few hours now, where is my moon and should i recycle it? Cause if what you say is true, i should've had my moon at once, right?

Weresloth wrote:Pardon the double post, but regarding Moon Formation: the DF has to be created instantaneously; moons aren't created by just leaving them sitting around you planet. Always rec your DF.
If it doesn't say you got a moon in the CR, you didn't get a moon.
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP