Evaluation of Administration

Zorg Empire has been around for almost 3 years now, and we can all see that the playerbase has various opinions of the administration responsible for running the game.

I suggest perhaps creating a system for the playerbase to give their views of the administration team members. This way the admins can see what exactly they are doing good and what exactly they still need work on.

I know there is the webmaster email for complaints and reporting, but this is more of a comprehensive evaluation that I am suggesting.

The playerbase is what keeps the game alive, we should have a way to give our input more directly.
20 GP
The Trouble Maker
As Swift as the Wind that carries the Sand comes your DEATH

Omega Class Thank You to Devola/Gale for this super amazing sig.

Re: Evaluation of Administration

You mean like a little survey with "Yes" and "No" radio buttons and a few text boxes for more detailed comments?

I'm cool with it but I am inclined to say that there will be a lot of tomfoolery (yeah, tomfoolery :P) involved if you just give people the option to let them say exactly how they feel. Not all people can be as civilized as others ya know.

Well, this is still a way for them to express their opinions where the admins will take note of it. I imagine it would be a simple matter to create a survey or something that is designed to filter out the silly stuff
20 GP
The Trouble Maker

Best suggestion I have seen for awhile. Let's start with evaluation of moderators and their actions. ;)
I am a liar in every debate
I rule the forces that fuel your hate

when the fire in your heart leaves and comes to an end
then quietly I'll go to sleep

Hm, it seems neo forgot how to read...
20 GP
The Trouble Maker

I thought moderating team is part of the game administrator hierarchy.
Good and bad moderators reflect how the game is run after all.
Last edited by neoshagrath on Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Moderation IS on the chain, but they are a separate category. And how do moderators affect the way the game is run? They are basically police for forums and chat, not the game. The Actual Administrators like Zorg are responsible for running the game, not the moderation team.
20 GP
The Trouble Maker

If you follow that thinking then you ca say that Zorg has nothing to do with the game developments and implementations since he only announces the dev teams outputs.
Let's say I am a newb who joins the forums for the first time. If I see the mods belittling players and acting all arrogant, I would expect that the admins are the same for patronizing such actions.
There is no I or U in team.

I'm sure a "thumbs up" from the players to the admins for the changes that were just made is more than what the admins are asking for.
If you don't agree with a certain change then giving a constructive criticism on the respective subject thread is a lot more effective.

Open discussions of changes and possible changes in the game is urged by the admins themselves.
Having an evaluation thread will only give trolls a place to flame the admins.

PS I believe if you can't take criticisms then you have no right to give criticisms.

*sigh* You totally miss the point of an evaluation. It is not directly about the changes, also, Zorg works on the coding stuff as well if i recall right. The point of the evaluation is to give players a way to give their opinion of the admins themselves, NOT the changes they implement. Say you think Zorg is a fail as an admin. Evaluation would give you a way to express that.

Also, I did not say use a forum thread, there are other methods you know
20 GP
The Trouble Maker