Re: Attack Ban After Server Crash

schnitter wrote:or stick people in v-mode, so nobody has to get banned.
This would never work, we would lose all the players who are inactive who we farm from. In fact if you FS properly you should be ok.

inactives needs not to be put in vmode and can be taken out of v asap the server restarts. again a sub clause is enough to do it.

also, how you know an 8 hour fs is enough if the server crashes at 7:55 hours of the fs, for 3 hours?
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

sorry that i would call unfortunate incidence on ZE game teams part. If that happens then ZE dev team is responsible for any out come. Also it is inexplicable that any attacker to get advantage from getting the fleet cause ZE was down while the defender needed to fs and have a good sound sleep. Not many can really take time off and stay on and hope game will be back on then fs and go on with life after. Just saying when there is a way to prevent incidences like that dev team should do that not call as take it as it is, which is broken.

They are not always to blame.

But when they have Dev team have been great and replaced lost fleets if it was when you were offline on a fs

So they take the appropriate measures when needed.

Its fine as it is, this also does not need change.

I have object to the fact that dev team replaced the fleets but never taken away the DF that was crashed due to the incidences.

The replenished fleet = res that is brought in the game without any labor. I call that imbalance.

If they are giving back the DF why would they let the fleeter keep the df and get bigger? it is absolutely unacceptable. Kind of double standard there.

You will enjoy the df but also ask for another player to be given fleet back so that you dont have to give back the DF kind of says that you want to be kept fed in expense of server crashes.

I totally agree with SPY's last post. Even if the defenders fleet is completely replaced, the attacker is still left with unfair winnings.

Walshy makes a good point about the problem with vmoding everybody though - the inactives would never come out. Perhaps it can be programmed so that (i) accounts are not vmoded. Or it can just be made a reportable offense like I suggested before. The admininistrator just sends a system message announcing a 24hr attack ban.
Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the Spiffiest of them all?

Do Science Responsibly: Don't Do Science and Drive

"While it's good to learn from experience, it is better to learn from other people's experience" - Warren Buffett

Honestly, I can see valid points on both opposing thoughts on this issue.

And as such, I think that we have enough information within this thread so that the Dev team can make a decision.

Please don't continue to try to "defend" your position and restating what you have already stated - that only creates tension between players with opposing thoughts. ;)

If a player has taken the inituitive to wait until the server is back working then that is just dedictated game play and much deserved reward.

They deserve what they have sat for a few hours to wait for and would never fault anyone for that as its playing the game and adapting in a situation. Players just want life easy, its a game, there is no such thing as easy, you have to deal with the situation and work to make the best of a bad situation.

Its not unbalanced at all. Its just how the game works for those that actually play the game they will know. Im not sure non game players really can judge on such an issue as you dont experience it out there.