[Disapproved] Stop account swapping

I propose a stop to account swapping.

If strong players pass on an account one to the next, then that account is more likely to grow huge because it is basically a team effort.

I have done it in the past within ZE rules but I have come to the conclusion that it is unfair, slows the game down and puts new players off. Better to start from 0 and work hard to build up.

If a single player builds up his account from zero to the top or near the top, then congratulations (s)he has my respect, but I don't think there needs to be any respect for bought/swapped accounts that u didn't work for (I include my account on Standard in that).

I call on Zorg at least for the proposed new server to make all account swapping illegal.

Re: Stop account swapping

The occasional trade/swapping of an account is not the issue so much......the issue is how many times ONE account can be swapped in so short a time whilst getting fed with retiring account fleets etc....in Extreme some accounts have changed hands so many times in last few months it's all I can do to keep up.....said it before, someone is making a lot of rubies/money out of this and it's allowed for some reason (as long as Zorg get an email!!!) .....same as across server account/res/ruby trades ....not permitted, sometimes happens......Even when you check player info there is no mention of a new owner yet all know it is.....that was put in place to stop frequent account swapping and make things more transparent....seems to me that it has had the opposite effect......Let's all buy a few accounts and pump all the fleets into one and take down the server.....oh....my bad, that's been tried already resulting in one account banned for "retiring" and the other going "inactive"...and that's only the tip of the iceberg....Some of you Speed players are a disgrace tbh (you know who you are, no flaming needed)....start an account, keep it, build it up!!!! Stop crashing/jumping/selling/trading and causing mayhem on other servers just because you can't do well there!!! So in essence I agree with Impachik lol ....rant over..... :D

+1

I agree, with impa... account swapping only seems to make strong accounts even more stronger! Though maybe a middle ground can be made like sprog has mentioned such as a limit on how many times an account can be swapped?!

Though i would reiterate, i think account swapping shouldnt be allowed! :naughty:

(However im no innocent to it either)
Last edited by black1 on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
" You Build It.... I'll Recycle It...."

:P I'm okay with account swapping like if someone is quitting the game and wants to help their friend out.

But seriously it seems like someone is account swapping every day almost.

How about a limit like once or twice a month max?

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

I agree that in some cases account swapping is unbalancing.

Firstly I'd argue that zorg shoudl be keeping an eye on account swapping and disallow account swapping if it seems ridiculous.

If zorg did a good job of that then consider a case where say gozar (for lack of another name everyone will know) decided to start on another server, would anyone seriously object to him 'swapping' an established account to cut out the months of uneventful setup? Perhaps it woudl be unbalanced to allow swapping to a top 5 account, but at least a top 50 or so...

There are conditions that zorg does check as I know of account swaps that SHOULD have been perfectly valid being rejected for semi-understandable grounds. I'd suggest that this petition would do better if it was suggesting stricter considerations instead of hard limits.

That being said I have built my account from scratch despite a 9 month period (or so) of inactivity,
+0.8 :P

I tend to agree with Silver Vixen. I'm not against Accounting swapping, but it should be limited to once every so often. Perhaps a sixth monthly time period. Much the same way as the name changing option. You can't change your name more than once every 30 days, why can't they limit to account swapping every 6, 12, 18 months?

no account needs swapping more than twice a year surely.....and to get one then have accounts retiring into it straight away is just ridiculous.....and Zorg needs to keep track of exactly who has what account....no-one should have more than one account per server at their disposal.....