Re: Stop account swapping

Yes, to elite recyclers. Hmm how do you make the font different and get various smilies to work?

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

You all make some very good points - and all seem to agree that some accounts are swapped far too often. Like I said I'd rather they weren't swapped at all. Why not just build up from the start? The early days ae actually good fun. Ppl don't like to see a good acct go to waste, but being a great farm is not a waste, and it doesn't really help a noob to be given a big acct when they don't understand how to play yet.

Big +1 on Sprog's point about getting hold of several accts and retiring them into yours. Raises whole issue of retirement crashes. The old acct might be banned but the recipient is not. Why? And what is the point of a milking rule if this is allowed? And doesn't the whole issue go against the logic of the milking rule - what is the difference between milking e.g player hands you res every week, or building a big fleet and then handing it to the other player after several weeks? That seems to me logically the the same thing.

- Perhaps Zorg could provide clearer guidance of what we SHOULD do when we quit, and make it clear that if u crash your fleet to feed another player, he could be banned.

@Alduin... LOL! Nvr mind about Elite recyclers. Just get your calculator out and use x1000 normal ones like the rest of us. What is so hard about dividing the size of your df by 20,000? lol ;)

I agree about the account swapping thing!

When someone who is experienced gives away his/her account to a noob......it's waste of the account.
A bigger waste than if you had just let the account be a farm!

I say stop account swapping!!

:naughty: No account swapping
Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!
May your swords stay sharp!

Re: [Disapproved] Stop account swapping

I believe that current rules and procedure for account swapping are more than enough.

We even share publicly switch history to some universes (ie Xtreme) in player profile. So even if there is a case where someone deliberately tries to cheat by exploiting current system, simply report him.

(@Lonewolf, your avatar is broken, re-upload it :P )

Zorg wrote:I believe that current rules and procedure for account swapping are more than enough.

We even share publicly switch history to some universes (ie Xtreme) in player profile. So even if there is a case where someone deliberately tries to cheat by exploiting current system, simply report him.

(@Lonewolf, your avatar is broken, re-upload it :P )
There are lots of accounts (especially in Extreme) that have changed owners on numerous occasions and yet no mention in player profile....also, I thought there was a limit to how many times one account can change hands within 6 months....please clarify Zorg.

One of those reasons Mr Salad is that not all accounts were simply SWAPPED. Some previous owners just packed up and left without a word... so it wasnt an account swap since the old account would be given away to a different player.
No option to swap with a player who no longer has an account....
Also generally i dont favor account swapping, however if you get offered a 40 mill account your not going to exactly decline it are you? i can safely bet that most players on zorg would take such a deal.
Cheers, thanks for raising the point Salad. Please use your negotiation skills to bring us Elite Recies :)

Nautilus<>Zero wrote:One of those reasons Mr Salad is that not all accounts were simply SWAPPED. Some previous owners just packed up and left without a word... so it wasnt an account swap since the old account would be given away to a different player.
No option to swap with a player who no longer has an account....
Also generally i dont favor account swapping, however if you get offered a 40 mill account your not going to exactly decline it are you? i can safely bet that most players on zorg would take such a deal.
Cheers, thanks for raising the point Salad. Please use your negotiation skills to bring us Elite Recies :)
Since when was "salad" an insult if that's your childish intention? Alduin being real poor at English made that offhand comment so try and be original at least. Anyway, we gotta war to attend to so flame away and enjoy the (un)earnt account. Be seeing you soon Farmboy ;)