[Disapproved] Time limit imperial support

Hi all, well obviously we have seen over the years players that build fleets mainly or entirely through rubies. It is generally disliked among the PB, although of course perfectly within the game rules.

I don't mind the use of rubies in general as it keeps the game running. But what about an upper limit to time/frequency. Let's say, use imperial support no more than once per week (just as certain other My Plus functions are limited e.g. you can only boost your mines once).

This allows people to get a slight advantage but stops the building of huge accounts simply through money rather than through game play.

Re: Time limit imperial support

My Imperial Support doesn't give me all that much in the way of resources...
I'd have argued that the limit per week should be based perhaps on the highest ever rank achieved by the account to allow players to rise to a level where they can compete quickly if they so desire, but takes out the potential to surge ahead if they are at the top.

:P Unless you are just starting an account, honestly, I think of imperial support as one of the least cost effective uses of rubies. I mean everyone has their preferences, but yeah.

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

the_real_impachik wrote:Hi all, well obviously we have seen over the years players that build fleets mainly or entirely through rubies. It is generally disliked among the PB, although of course perfectly within the game rules.

I don't mind the use of rubies in general as it keeps the game running. But what about an upper limit to time/frequency. Let's say, use imperial support no more than once per week (just as certain other My Plus functions are limited e.g. you can only boost your mines once).

This allows people to get a slight advantage but stops the building of huge accounts simply through money rather than through game play.
If people are stupid enough ( yh there are some lol) to build fleet mainly by using rubies I say let them get on with it....as long as the rubies were legitimately PAID for and not "gifted"....if you're stupid enough to build fleet that way then chances are you're stupid enough to lose it :D

Sprog wrote:
the_real_impachik wrote:Hi all, well obviously we have seen over the years players that build fleets mainly or entirely through rubies. It is generally disliked among the PB, although of course perfectly within the game rules.

If people are stupid enough ( yh there are some lol) to build fleet mainly by using rubies I say let them get on with it....as long as the rubies were legitimately PAID for and not "gifted"....if you're stupid enough to build fleet that way then chances are you're stupid enough to lose it :D

Couldn't agree more, Definitely least cost effective way to use rubies nor does it give too much of an added bonus in terms of fleet potential, i've recycled people's fleets who i suspect used rubies and it wasn't too much of a big deal tbf, only increased MINE! :whistle:

Definitely down to player skill rather than just money
" You Build It.... I'll Recycle It...."

Yeah, but money definitely gives people a major advantage. I mean, it's good people are willing to donate to keep the game going.

But it is kinda like having a race with one person made to walk on their hands instead of feet :))

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

SilverVixen wrote: But it is kinda like having a race with one person made to walk on their hands instead of feet :))
> Agreed!

To an extent I agree with Sprog - all the more fleets to crash - but also it is possible to just ruby up the biggest fleet on the server that none can touch. It detracts from the fun of the game, seeing who can make the most from raiding/fleeting/mines. On Speed we have seen an acct get top 10 within a month this way, and a fleet that most players could not touch. No offence to that player who is a very good bloke but I think that in general that spoils the game a bit.

I also agree with Silvervixen that it is an inefficient way to use rubies as you'd get more from your money boosting your mines, but the point is that it is possible to totally imbalance the game unless a maximum level is set.

@Alduin You'd make a bad therapist :D