[Disapproved] Time limit V mode

How many v mode accounts in Speed right now?

Other games (I am not allowed to mention names) have options for a 1 week v mode etc but not permanent. Can we not introduce this or at least test the idea in one server? It would force people to come back, or leave their acct as a farm, either way spicing up the server. A bunch of v mode players, some v mode for many months or even years, is boring and wastes space.

Now we have 1% speed I'd be in favour of abolishing v mode altogether, people can just do long fleetsaves and turn their mines off!

But on discussion with colleagues most agree that a limited v mode is still a good idea for holiday/RL emergencies etc, say max 2-4 weeks after which it switches off.

Re: End the sea of blue - time limit V mode

Lol what we need is more active players...

It'd be nice if the vmoders came out. But if they haven't by now, they probably aren't coming out of vmode anytime soon.

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

Re: End the sea of blue - time limit V mode

Zorg wrote:Current deletions are delayed from 1 month to 6 months, it varies from universe to universe. Vmode plays no role.

The only exception to this are accounts with 50 or more rubies who escape deletion but instead are positioned in vmode.

Therefore this suggestion is rejected as irrelevant.
Great idea to place inactives with 50 rubies into vmode... too many used that ploy for too long ...I hope we don't have to wait 6 months for that to happen.... a shorter time frame might be more prudent :D

Re: [Disapproved] Time limit V mode

I like to think that was a joke..
But in general... You just looking for ways to prevent people from using few fs remaining options sprog
The least players could have against big fleets is a moon to hide behind , if they are fsing regulary then why you insist they shouldn't have a proper moon for that?
You keep saying you were once chased by big guns in xterm, but could you keep up and survive if there were no inactive or ruby moon (which you criticized against over and over)?

Plus I guess zorg misunderstood impas point..
Why deleting vmod accounts? Simply bring them out of vmod..
fearless~
“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” -Rumi