Re: [Disapproved]Employ the Plunder Algorithm for attacks.

I like that suggestion.

A game I played before the resource stealing was in diferent engine, won't be bad if only say the numbers.
----------------NOT A SUGGESTION-----------------------
1. Steal up to 50% Metal
2. If there is empty space in fleet - Steal up to 50% Crystal
3. If there is empty space in fleet - Steal up to 50% Deut.
(All is not more than fleet cargo)
---------------END OF NOT SUGGESTION-----------------
Love that idea, cauze if I attack person with 1kk metal 500k crys & 100k deut I should send 60 LC to steal 50% resources ... And there is like 50% empty space inside the fleet ... And with the engine that is suggested by Lodbrok there should be 32 to steal 50% of all ... AGREED!

------------------SUGGESTION-------------------
1. Calculate 50% of resources
2. Calculate fleet cargo
3. Fill with equal % from all resources
-------------END FO SUGGESTION--------------

That way if you send cargos with 20% cargo of his total resources, you will steal 20% of total resources, not 33% cargo capacity with metal, 33% cargo capacity with crystal & 33% deut.

neoshagrath wrote:Since it is harder now to raid a planet without loosing a ship, can we implement this as a compensatory?
i think this is the most valid reason to have this implemented now.

sorry if it is grave digging but i think after the current changes with the BE this really needs to be looked into with more importance.

raiding is one of the core for player growth in ze not all players are fleeters.. to be frank there are only a few players who goes fro major fleeting in game... but everyone raids.

so can we have a second look at it?
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Re: [Decision Needed]Employ the Plunder Algorithm for attack

Zorg wrote:
riqour wrote:How would this affect gameplay zorg, if you don't mind me asking?

A player that has only metal and crystal, will not lose 1/2 of each resource as it is meant but more if we apply this idea.

Shot down for good.
If it is about defenders loosing more, then maybe you can look at it this way:
If an attacker can take most of what he can get on the first attack, then he won't have send another wave. The defender will be bashed less often. A win for both sides.

The cargo capacities of ships besides EC, LC, and SC would also become a lot more significant.
Seasons end.

if this rule was implemented i can see one thing coming about; would be much harder to figure out how many ships to send. However as deut is a premium price to send ships, i really hated it when my cargos came back half full because i went with the highest resource.

someone suggested a 50% ratio. I like that idea.

if a target has 1.1mil metal 875k crystal and 250k deut giving a total of 2.225 mil res it would be nice to figure 45 large cargos needed to get half and they come back full. instead now you have to send 66 large cargos and you get less than half.

50% ratio 45 large cargos 550k metal 437.5k crystal 125k deut
currrent raid 66 large cargos 550k metal 437.5k crystal 125k deut.

in a real world situation i would fire my commanders if they needed 66 large cargos to get what would fit into 45.