[Disapproved]Employ the Plunder Algorithm for attacks.

Because ZE does not employ the Plunder Algorithm, you have to send more ships than is necessary to get the full amount of resources available during an attack.

Here is the way an attack should look using the "Plunder Algorithm":

You can only capture up to 50% of the overall resources on a planet. For example,if you attack a planet which has 20,000 metal, 20,000 crystal and 10,000 deuterium, you will get be able to capture a maximum of 25,000 resources overall {(20k+20k+10+)/2}.

1.Fill up to 1/3 of cargo capacity with metal
2.Fill up to half remaining capacity with crystal
3.The rest will be filled with deuterium
4.If there is still capacity available fill half of it with metal
5.Now fill the rest with crystal
'Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No lamb for the lazy wolf.
No battle's won in bed.'

The Havermal (Viking Book of Wisdom)

Re: Employ the Plunder Algorithm for attacks.

Ok, your post is confusing, the way it is worded. So basically what you meen is this:

I send two large cargos (50k capacity) at 100k metal, 20k crystal and 5k duet. Right now, with current conditions, you would get 16,666 metal, 10k crystal and 2.5k duet, leaving aproximately 21k storage left. What your saying is, you should be able to fill the remaining cargo space with what's left, right? So you would get 37.5k metal, 10k crystal, and 2k duet.

Is that what you are specifying? That any remaining space be used by the other resources.
Forum Moderator: The Illiterate One

10 Gale Points FTW

Zorg wrote:Ace is so much sexier than Acewoonder

Correct. :D

Your ships should come back full if there are any resources still available (of the 50% that is available to raid).

In your example, you would get an additional 20834 metal because you already received 50% of the crystal and deut.

The thing about the Plunder Algorithm, you keep going through the 5 step cycle until your cargo hold is either full or you have plundered 50% of each resource.
'Wake early if you want another man's life or land. No lamb for the lazy wolf.
No battle's won in bed.'

The Havermal (Viking Book of Wisdom)

There is no clear defination that and I don't want to get a warning so it is kind of difficult determining when to bump.can you clarify just what amount of time should pass before I should bump something if I feel it is needed?
Gale points:ummm to far behind to care and too long since I got one to remember

That which is written without effort is usually read without enjoyment.