Re: [Decision Needed]Employ the Plunder Algorithm for attack

I am not a raider but; and I can say I did not quite understand what the suggestion means, I know there is a kind of protection so you do not clean up all resources from the target, but if you want load 50% of all resources on the target in one wave there is a ratio that works fine:
Example:

20 mil Metal. 15 Mil Crystal and 10 mil Deut

we use the biggest resource quantity as base ( in our case Metal) and for each 1Mil resource we send 60 LCs, or for each 10 Mil resource we send 2 ECs using that ratio we have 1200 LCS or 4 ECs. the return will be:

10 Mil Metal, 7.5 Mil Crystal and 5 Mil deut,

sending a 2nd wave with half of the above fleet you will get:
5 Mil Metal, 3,75 Mil Crystal and 2,5 Mil deut

a 3rd wave with half of the second wave fleet will bring back:
2,5 Mil Metal, 1,875 Mil Crystal and 1,25 Mil Deut

so with 3 waves you collect 87,5% of all resources, you can send more waves( max 5 in the same target within 24 hours) in the same ratio but normally 3 are enough and worth it.

If is not the answer for the suggestion at least will be of some help to new raiders, happy hunting

ps:If you sending anything else than only cargo ships you need to calculate the 1/3 of the total load to be equal or bigger than 1/2 of the Resource with biggest amount.
Last edited by Pkromm on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pkromm wrote:
20 mil Metal. 15 Mil Crystal and 10 mil Deut

we use the biggest resource quantity as base ( in our case Metal) and for each 1k resource we send 60 LCs,
He means for each 1mil not 1k.

And i disagree with this new idea. This suggestion would mean if you send enough cargos, you could take all the resources from that planet. The point of taking only max of 50% of all resources is that after 5 attacks you are permitted, the player you attacked still has some resources...
if yer gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough

agreed the. i wasnt sure about what the idea was for was waiting for someone to clarify what was asked for till now. after considering the explanation it really takes out the raiding strategy out of the game. 5 raids is a constraint that u are left with due to the bashing rule this rule completely nullify the need of a bashing rule.

i hope ppl do see its a by pass to go around the bashing rule.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Lol guys, you are completely getting the wrong end of the stick. The Plunder Algorithm is a system that lets you completely fill your cargo space but still have to stick to the 50% rule. This is how it goes in exactly this order:
  • Battle is resolved.
  • Attacker cargo space calculated.
  • 50% of defenders resources calculated and set aside for possible looting.
  • One third of available capacity is filled with metal, if available.
  • Half of the remaining capacity is filled with crystal, if available.
  • Remaining capacity filled with deuterium, if available.
  • If some resources from the 50% set aside remain after above steps and there is cargo space available after deuterium has been looted, fill half of remaining capacity with metal, if available.
  • Fill remaining capacity with crystal, if available.
That exact sequence is what is called the Plunder Algorithm, and lets you fill your possible cargo space more effectively, stick to the 50% rule and is actually extremely simple compared to some of the other calculations involved in the game. Wont mess with gameplay at all.. just make it more efficient..
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...