Re: [Decision Needed]Employ the Plunder Algorithm for attack

I am unsure of this:

-If some resources from the 50% set aside remain after above steps and there is cargo space available after deuterium has been looted, fill half of remaining capacity with metal, if available.
-Fill remaining capacity with crystal, if available.

Can we get this confirmed or should I ask for confirmation from the dev team ?

In case this is the way it (already) works, there is nothing more to discuss here.

Because employing the Plunder Algorithm allows you to send less ships to get the same amount of resources we can get now, therefore cutting time and fuel costs for active raiders and making looting in general much more efficient.

The main point is the Plunder Algorithm, if done correctly, utilises cargo space to a much better degree than our current system, which makes us send more ships than are necessary and sometimes not fully use available space where it should be.

Easy example;

Defender has 1,700,000 metal, 100,000 crystal and 25,000 deuterium.

Cargo needed to loot 50% using the Plunder Algorithm: 37
Cargo needed to loot 50% using our current system: 102
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

what it looks like u are talking about an iteration of that 50% to the next 25% and so on to 12.5% if that is the case ultimately it goes to take on all of the 99.9% of the resources and by fraction round up defender is left with 0 resources.

even if its not a continuous iterative process lemme see if i get it right with few numbers yes noob illustration is required for me.

Resources available 8333 metal 33334 crystal and 8333 deut and u send 2 large cargo ships

first it will load 8333 metal then (2*25000-8333)/2 = 20834 (50% of the remaining cargo hold) crystals and then load the rest of the 8333 deut as the remaining cargo hold is (2*25000-(8333+20834)) = 20834.

thus the raiding fleet is still left with 20834-8333=12501 cargo space.

so will try to load the rest of 1/3rd of the metal again? there is none so 0 metal for this one.

will load 50% of the remaining cargo hold that is 12501 / 2 = 6251 with remaining crystals?

that leaves the defender with 33334 - 20834 = 12500 - 6251 = 6249.

so it seems from 1 raid the attacker has lout about 87.5% of the resources. now previously it was only 50% res now it just got increased to 37.5% from first raid. normally it used to take 3 raids to make that much lout so it saves deut and the possibility of for the defender to recover from the attacks.

i am asking to the fleeters will u go for farther raid if ur first raid returns u with 87.5% out of the total resource?
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Spy for the love of god read my damn post. I don't mean to get frustrated but your short sighted analysis is really scratching at my patience.

One of the first steps CLEARLY states that 50% of available resources are set aside for possible looting, this is THE ONLY pool of resources the attacker gets to fill up from. NOTHING about the amount of resources that can be looted changes, just the way they are looted.

I also must point out that my above example was using LC as a base.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

i am guessing i was unable to understand what u meant there but still if that is the case then explain as i tried to explain how it goes. i still dont understand how it is different from what is currently installed.

cause what currently is going on is robust and simple to understand any more complicacy would get the noobs like me by the ear and force us to circle around the mechanism before we could understand how to do it properly.

a more detailed explanation with numbers would be appreciated rather than just words.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

I gave you numbers, but if I must break it down to the simplest level possible, I will. Let's again use my first example.

Defender has 1,700,000 Metal, 100,000 Crystal and 50,000 Deuterium.

Our current loot system (in most cases, because it is very erratic at times) splits available cargo space into three sections, one for each resource. The way we can calculate how many LC we need to send to get maximum loot, is we take the highest amount (here Metal), divide it by 2 (850,000), then multiply that by 3 (2,550,000), then divide that amount by 25,000 to get the required amount of LC for optimum loot on that raid. In this example, it is 102. Our system may work slightly differently in certain situations, but that is the general basis.

Now let's employ the Plunder Algorithm for the same raid and see how many LC will be needed for the total possible capture. I got my math wrong in the last one and forgot to calculate the final partition. Too lazy to do that now but I know the amount needed with the Plunder Algorithm is around 60, so let's say we are using 60 LC using the Plunder Algorithm for the same raid.
  • Battle is resolved.
  • 50% of resources are set aside for the loot pool. (850,000 Metal, 50,000 Crystal and 25,000 Deuterium)
  • Attacker space calculated. (1,500,000)
  • Fill Metal to one third cap (500,000 Metal picked up, 350,000 still remain in possible loot pool)
  • Fill Crystal to half remaining cap (50,000 Crystal picked up, 0 remain in possible loot pool)
  • Fill Deuterium in remaining cap (25,000 Deuterium picked up, 0 remain in possible loot pool)
  • Is there remaining capacity? (Yes 925,000 units remain)
  • Is there remaining loot? (Yes 350,000 units of Metal are still in the loot pool)
  • Fill Metal to half remaining cap (350,000 units of metal are picked up, 0 remain in loot pool)
  • Fill all remaining capacity with Crystal (0 units of Crystal available, non picked up)
  • Attacking fleet returns home.
Now, a few less than 60 can be used for same results I think, but yes, as you can see, much less needed than our current pick up system. If you sent 60 LC at that target with our current loot rules, you would pick up 500,000 Metal, 50,000 Crystal and 25,000 Deuterium, then return home leaving a possible 350,000 Metal unlooted.

Really hope this now makes you understand. D:

EDIT: Failed at my math again, please disregard my faggotry. However, the system still shows it's much better effectiveness.

EDIT: Again for more math fail, I need to sleep.

EDIT: You're going to hate yourself (and me probably), but I fixed another number error. You had the wrong deut amount for the defender. ~KM