Re: [Decision Needed]Employ the Plunder Algorithm for attack

Pkromm wrote:I am not a raider but; and I can say I did not quite understand what the suggestion means, I know there is a kind of protection so you do not clean up all resources from the target, but if you want load 50% of all resources on the target in one wave there is a ratio that works fine:
Example:

20 mil Metal. 15 Mil Crystal and 10 mil Deut

we use the biggest resource quantity as base ( in our case Metal) and for each 1Mil resource we send 60 LCs, or for each 10 Mil resource we send 2 ECs using that ratio we have 1200 LCS or 4 ECs. the return will be:

10 Mil Metal, 7.5 Mil Crystal and 5 Mil deut,

sending a 2nd wave with half of the above fleet you will get:
5 Mil Metal, 3,75 Mil Crystal and 2,5 Mil deut

a 3rd wave with half of the second wave fleet will bring back:
2,5 Mil Metal, 1,875 Mil Crystal and 1,25 Mil Deut

so with 3 waves you collect 87,5% of all resources, you can send more waves( max 5 in the same target within 24 hours) in the same ratio but normally 3 are enough and worth it.

If is not the answer for the suggestion at least will be of some help to new raiders, happy hunting

ps:If you sending anything else than only cargo ships you need to calculate the 1/3 of the total load to be equal or bigger than 1/2 of the Resource with biggest amount.

Re: [Disapproved]Employ the Plunder Algorithm for attacks.

Here is what I see:

Lets say a target has 10 million metal 6 million crystal and 4 million Deuterium.

using the plunder algorithm, and still staying at the 50% max, 1 EC would collect 5 million metal, 3 million crystal and 2 million deuterium, making up the full 10 million an EC can carry.

Using the current method you would capture the max you can in crystal and deuterium but don't get to the 50% of the metal because it only allows equal shares of each space.

I think you have though of it the wrong way and not how I just explained it.
They may not like me, but they've gotta respect me!

Re: [Decision Needed]Employ the Plunder Algorithm for attack

Zorg wrote:
riqour wrote:How would this affect gameplay zorg, if you don't mind me asking?

A player that has only metal and crystal, will not lose 1/2 of each resource as it is meant but more if we apply this idea.

Shot down for good.
How so?

Adding to what RJ has just posted; 50% of each resource on the planet is set aside for possible looting.
The other 50% cannot be looted in that raid.

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points

Re: [Disapproved]Employ the Plunder Algorithm for attacks.

Hmm, it seems I got it wrong then. In this case this idea only messes with one thing, no need for fancy titles and analyzation.
pkromm wrote:ps:If you sending anything else than only cargo ships you need to calculate the 1/3 of the total load to be equal or bigger than 1/2 of the Resource with biggest amount.
If you do this, you have already the so called "plunder algorithm".

Basically, no cargo space in vain.