[Disapproved] Colonizing Inactive Planets

Why cant we colonize inactive planets. Perhaps at a higher price such as 10 colony ships to allow enough colonizers to take over and man existing facilities, or drop existing facilities to level 1 after colonization. An active player should have the opportunity to utilize the space within his own galaxy. Its not as if a civilization destroyed itself or could'nt survive due to mis-management of the colony that another empire in the galaxy would'nt utilize the planet. We 'humans" sure as hell would.

Re: Colonizing Inactive Planets

There are plenty of open slots in the universe for colonization. You probably don't want all your planets in the same system anyway. Personally, I would rather use those 10 colony ships to get 10 new planets (to get the ideal temp/size).
Forum Moderator: The Chill One ~ Gale Points: 52
The only thing standing between me and immortality is death.

KarrothMelu wrote:There are plenty of open slots in the universe for colonization. You probably don't want all your planets in the same system anyway. Personally, I would rather use those 10 colony ships to get 10 new planets (to get the ideal temp/size).
totally agree.
even if you are a miner you don't want all your planets to close together. having groups of 2 to 4 spread out, is better in the long run so that you can give you self the ability to fleet save your resources to different areas and not allow a fleet such an easy target to farm.
but again if you grow big on mines and have 19 planets with in 50 systems i'll leave you alone :liar:

the ability to be able to take over and control an inactive planet would allow for the new players to grow quicker, witch is a double edged blade since you would most likely not able able to get a grasp on what this game is like and could make players quick quicker.
and would not be fair for players that put the time into the game and return and find out he is missing all his good planets and would be like WTF MATE. and then not come back...

personally i think this is a bad idea since even if the person was inactive and was supposed to be kick but the planets where given and expanded life for a week or so for others to be able to recolonize/populate. it would just programing nightmare and also may open loop holes for cheaters, and while also as i stated firstly.

all and all. nice to see we are still trying to think of new ways to improve the game
how i'm still around.... no one knows...

IKICKAYOUWASSNOW wrote:This idea would not work. Scripting nightmare and removes miners and turtles farms. It is just someone wanting to avoid having to build up their own planets. Big no from me.
It's not a scripting nightmare, plenty of other games do this concept easily, it's actually quite simple (relative to your skill of course, but I'm sure the devs would have no problem) in terms of coding.

That being said though, in this game, just no. Wouldn't work, and would violate the basic backbone of being a miner.
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...