Re: New Chat system

There is already a chat system in place and being utilized successfully. You are able to even make your own chat room so you can talk in seperate room from the main chat to whomever you invite into it.

You seem to be full of ideas, which can be a good thing. HOWEVER, I suggest you see what is already in place for the game, not to mention what suggestions have already been given before you put up a bunch of topics.
Just when you thought your were in control... I proved you wrong!

I am too tired to roam through forums but I am almost positive this was suggested way back in 2009. It was found if I am not mistaken to be a nightmare for the system, hence the reason we have the chat that we do.
Just when you thought your were in control... I proved you wrong!

i did not go back all of the way to 2009 i did not see it in the disapproved section for suggestions and i know that i do enjoy being able to communicate in frame like that but i can see how implementing such changes into an already existing format could be a daunting task

If the alliances in this game were larger, I could agree with such an implementation, however we do not have 200 player alliances like in some game so this is not needed. Simple circs will suffice for the alliances of appropriate ZE size (5-25 players).
Death begins with life's first breath, and life begins at the touch of death.

The best chat is IRC. The most magnificent thing about IRC is that you can log everything. However, we are not going to get an IRC server as there are plenty of them. This should be playerbase promoted.

As far as our concern goes, current chat who is based on a lone server, is more than enough. If you want something better, go for IRC. Current chat is the current cutting edge of simplicity and compatibility.

Java chats are generally far lower quality than our current chat.