Re: Attack Ban After Server Crash

Walshy wrote:If a player has taken the inituitive to wait until the server is back working then that is just dedictated game play and much deserved reward.
where is this game play if a player cant be online and the game forces him to leave fleet unguarded? too much free bees for you mate on this one. If that is what a game play is to you i think we both know who wants the easy pray on the easy target here. A players inability to be online cause the game didnt permit him to fs timely is not an excuse rather is just a flaw in the game. if the server is hault without prior notification then player is not responsible for his fleet being crash. and giving back the ships just doesnt make it fair.
Walshy wrote:They deserve what they have sat for a few hours to wait for and would never fault anyone for that as its playing the game and adapting in a situation. Players just want life easy, its a game, there is no such thing as easy, you have to deal with the situation and work to make the best of a bad situation.
as you said fleeters who hunt on players who was not able to fs properly just wants life easy for them. staking up all night for server to return so that you can find some easy fleet to crash shows how much you enjoy easy game play. why someone else getto have the other end of the stick?

also torgard kind of said already you made your point no need to rub it all over to have a last statement on every argument. we can keep going round and round and round and ....
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

SPY wrote: where is this game play if a player cant be online and the game forces him to leave fleet unguarded? too much free bees for you mate on this one. If that is what a game play is to you i think we both know who wants the easy pray on the easy target here. A players inability to be online cause the game didnt permit him to fs timely is not an excuse rather is just a flaw in the game. if the server is hault without prior notification then player is not responsible for his fleet being crash. and giving back the ships just doesnt make it fair.
If a player cant be online thats not the problem of the hunter now is it? Also alot of players miss there normal FS times and are caught everyday, its how fleeters are fed. So going back to the topic Zorg rightly allows the game play to flow still because many of the players already have fleets down and have missed lunch or had a call out or whatever, thats the risk of the game if you build a fleet. Are you now saying players who have actually just left there fleets down deserve a reprieve? Zorg did everything right he allowed it to play and where he felt a player was unfortunate they got there fleet back. If someone had 1 billion res sitting there and your online and they are caught out are you going to just leave the 'freebee'??? No of course your not.
SPY wrote: as you said fleeters who hunt on players who was not able to fs properly just wants life easy for them. staking up all night for server to return so that you can find some easy fleet to crash shows how much you enjoy easy game play. why someone else getto have the other end of the stick?

also torgard kind of said already you made your point no need to rub it all over to have a last statement on every argument. we can keep going round and round and round and ....
Fleeters are opportunists and we hunt and prey on everything and play how the game is played, if we see a fleet we crash it whatever the circumstance will be. We all want an easy life at playing this game but its not the case, i dont find the game easy and im always learning so im not sure where your going with it.

If PK your leader saw easy beans will you fault his game play also for wanting an easy life? of course you wont because your just a mini hypocrite.

Any continued trolling in this thread will result in a Warning.
Forum_Rules wrote: Forum Rules

2. Trolling (posts simply to irritate, annoying comments, or to illicit an anger response) is prohibited in any form whether written or in the form of an image. Pyramids (repeated copying of quotes) may not exceed three quote frames. All posting shall be made within "work safe" guidelines.

actually i think pk knows very well how strongly i oppose him if he does something that i am not approve off. no need to speculate things that you dont have any idea about... but the fact remains pk do not go for fleets right after a game server stall when everyone is not settled back to their regular game play. ofc he is a fleeter but why would you go on and mix a great fleeters honor with that kind of comparison? are you trying to say pk has attacked someone after server down?

if you ask me about examples lets take gozar's hit on defiant when the game server was down. as it was stated that being a honorable fleeter he let defiant enjoy a significant interval of time so that he can get back and fs... defiant just couldnt then gozar hit him. I would say that is honorable jesture but clearly if it were you fish you would not think for a second and crash him right away.

there lies the difference between you and players like pkromm and gozar. do not try or think of yourself in the same class as them.

why i picked that example... (do not take it as flame gozar, this is just another example) the duration gozar provided as honor to defiant ... we are asking ZE to provide that same duration for any player to come back and fs back up.

24 hours is a bit too long. let it be 8 hours vmode then the player will be taken out of vmode. and about inactive a simple player status tag check can exclude all players who were inactive at the server crash be excluded from being put in vmode.

and about the game play its kind of all blah blah to me. cause u admitted... you are taking advantage of a game flaw. it is no more honorable than exploiting a bug. so that kind of showes where you stand on this issue.

Warning Issued for Trolling. ~ Torgard
Last edited by SPY on Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Spy i have read the terms and conditions and it states that Zorg do not take responsibility for server crash's and its at the players risk and Zorg are not liable for such actions.

Quite a good read. So Zorg have done everything right and in fact and given fleets back was out of there own great generosity.

Re: [DECISION NEEDED] Attack Ban After Server Crash

first and all if server crush its there problems
if you did lose fleet ask zorg directly to get yours fleet back
why should player get attack ban if player was not online when server come back
imagine that weak player attack somone for 1 cargo ship and get banned because that player was not online when server comes online.
c mone guys be fair to others players fleet can be rebuiled easy.
putting in v mode after server crush could be much harder first and all to go in v mode you need to not produce or have fleet in air
you think thats so easy to make scripts and make it works perfectly.
:naughty:

Code: Select all

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/Akatcuki/Peinxd2323555.jpg

Re: [DECISION NEEDED] Attack Ban After Server Crash

This is not any longer a suggestion talk but a talk about admin team actions, therefore it will be locked.

As per forum rules, administration actions discussion is prohibited.The main reason that we prohibit discussion is that we cannot afford the time to respond to each speculation or correct any inaccurate reports and this will not change.

Regarding the suggestion it is well shot down. There have been some crash issues with Speed universe that have been of hardware nature and have now been overcame.

The second issue we have been through in this 2.5 years of operation, is the major breakdown at one of the world's largest datacenters for which of course we cannot control.

We won't apply rules for cases that arise so rarely and cause in fact little alteration of the whole universe. Remember that there are about 10 000 active players in ZE while we have surpassed 100 000 registrations in total.