Re: IPM Bashing Limit

i reject that- the limitation is not natural plus you have to use that if tyou have a fleet lol
many players play as the want get over it

plus if they bash you when you are on same thing happens you are left to lil to no def- so...pointless
imo the way jordan plays is a new play style- and it should be accepted as it is
miner
turtle
raider
fleeter/destroyer
and ....

nuker.... idn ipm-master ... anyway till we find a name i am for variation so i will say no
Come and fest on the dead i leave after i pass...

So to be clear on this, when you go to war/invade/raid/conquer in RL, you take out defenses first. That's the logical way to go..
Doesn't matter how, however the strategist will rather lose money/res then soldiers/ships/equipment.right? Correct me if i'm wrong, but i always thought Zorg was that kind of game? Ipm'ing is not my kind of strategy, but i understand the players who take that direction :)
And hey, if it wasn't part of this game, it wouldn't be an option , yes? So it's a big no-no for me...

Regards,
MrSinister :twisted:
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Walk with THA swagger!

i say no limit on IPM's.
IPM's do not count towards anything in times of war, if you need to remove the Defenses to hit someone then it is the players res that is getting wasted. if you do not like the idea of the IPM's then build the ABM's they are cheaper than the IPM's. :think:
besides this is a Strategy War Game you have to Expect anything that happens to you to be part of the game & you need to learn to adapt to it. :D

most of you probably have never had all your defenses wiped out over night, not for profit, but for the shear fact, that i want you to quit the game, its outrages how low people can go, i had a friend quit because a bigger player bashed his defense. he was new, so he had at least 25 mil in defense on his planet, but since his armor level was low, and the players attack level was high, his defenses were wiped off the map with maybe 7-8 million worth of IPMs. for what, 800k metal 500k crystal? i guess people think its fun, but the the limit on IPMs needs to be established. and if its not, then people are going to leave.

Any who think defences constitute a panacea probably ought to have them all wiped out.

For me, they dissuade curiosity from lower ranked players. They do not protect me from the stronger.

Turtles are targets by nature. When you have that many defences, what it screams is that you keep res and fleet there. So, yes, someone powerful enough to punch through that most certainly will so they can get gain later.

And, yes, I have had all of my defences on a planet wiped out. It was in a fit of pique after I raided all of one player's planets from three different moons simultaneously. Disturbed by the success of that assault, my target responded by launching several hundred IPMs to the planet of mine closest to his.

It was worth it.

The best defence is the fleet save. I never keep more defences on a planet then what I'm willing to spend res on to rebuild later. When building them, I do so with the conviction in mind that they're merely temporary structures.
Ní mar a shíltear a bhítear.
Ní féidir maraigh tú an Dullahan
Níl luibh ná leigheas in aghaidh an bháis.