[Disapproved] Ruby moons

Ruby moons are the bain of Zorg....for example, moon popping.....how can something that is an integral part of the game be impossible to achieve? I understand it generates income by buying a moon but they should still be under the same constraints as a normal moon....only difference is they are not earnt and therefore quicker/easier to gain.....As mentioned before by Gozar, even with 3 years of RIP building, ruby moons cannot be popped.....how or why has this not been changed yet .....to level things out I suggest ruby moons require less RIPS to pop seeing as moon destroys are now ACS defendable and the amount of moon destroys limited ........maybe reducing the cost of ruby moons would make up the difference to those that buy them knowing they could actually lose them and would benefit fleeters who use roamers and don't always have others ready for instant moon shots.....and before anyone says it, I have had my moons popped a few times, it's part of the game.....ruby moons take out an important element of the game imo ......

Re: Ruby moons

Sprog, if a ruby moon could be popped, nothing would stop the big players. trust me, its fine how it is.
Last edited by schnitter on Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm no ruby player, so i'm saying 1+ ,Sprog...
I don't know if i would even buy a moon...Seems unfair to the rest...But then again, if i win the ruby competition or end in the top three , i might have some rubies to throw around lol. But since it's possible to ACS defend a moon and the MD's are limited per day, i'd say yes...make them more vulnerable....
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Walk with THA swagger!

Schnitter point taken but when a game option is not an option due to some with money then that unfair on those without (as MrSinister just pointed out above)........now m/d are defendable I can't see the problem.......a compromise somewhere maybe???? :)

i do see your point, out of 4 moonshots not one was close to the 9.000 mark, id say make it easier for people to get bigger moons.

besides, everyone sleeps, you caant ninja when your sleeping. ;)

By the interactive chart in Zorg Tools, 80% of ruby moons can currently be popped by the top players on the Xtreme server. According to some, they all can and the true formula is not reflected by the tool.

My suggestion to make it fair, make it easier to get a bigger moon the non paying way, and harder to get one the paying way. The odds should still be tilted in the payers favor, but not like it is now.

As general note to the premium option:

I'm one of those player who gets a lot of comments about my Ruby Moons and how much I must have spent. Since I began six months ago, I've played Zorg for something like 800 hours. I've spent in the neighborhood of $100 bucks. That's cheap entertainment. Most Ruby players are not rich, we just don't mind paying a little for a game we enjoy. Yes we get benifits and maybe the big Moons are too much, but we deserve a benefit for funding the game. Just like those who don't pay deserve a level playing field. Zorg has to please both types of player or it will fail.
Outside the box? What box?

I'll reiterate......no moon should be unpoppable (even the Chuck Norris one Zorg stated lol) .......the idea of spending to get rubies should be for the benefit of speeding up the game play in getting moons on demand/using merchant and instant builds.......not for getting a huge advantage over players who can't afford rubies.....that's a level playing field...........will be interesting to see what Zorgs proposed tweaks to the formula will be.......

Sprog,

I see both side of the arguement and I think a compromise could be found. However, until the 1 second escape is dealt with I'm not sure how much this matters. I view it as part of the problem stemming from issues of popping and use of the phalanx. It all needs to be looked at together and all the factors rebalanced.
Outside the box? What box?

Zorg wrote:Ruby moons can be popped. Only Chuck Norris Moons cannot.
If something needs tweaking, it is not the ruby moons but the formula that decides moon pop + deathstars explosion.
Any news on tweaks? ( as I still see plenty moons that can't be popped by the top fleeters) :)