Re: Ruby moons

Initial suggestion disapproved; Ruby Moons won't be deactivated.
They are a source of income which is needed for the game to run.
The fundamental reasons used for the suggestion are not solid.
If you are so much allienated by this feature, there is already Massacre universe where there are no ruby moons.

For the discussion resulted from the suggestion, feel free to create a new one to keep it clean and tidy.

Re: [Disapproved] Ruby moons

As a suggestion that i wanna add .

2 rubie moons for each player , or whatever you want Zorg , but as MD are numbered , maybe Rubie Moons should be the same .

Not fair for players that use MD to get fleets , also MD can be ACS so it`s more exciting with this strategy

Want income from rubies then :

Add more options on "My Plus"

150-200 rubies - buy extra planet
100-150 rubies - buy 10 Rips / 1000bc / 1000LG / 1000 destroyers
150-200 rubies - buy instant moon with lunar base + jump gate
100 rubies - 50mil metal + 50mil crystal + 50mil deut

Or make other prices , just an example how you can get that income
HELLBOY / Cristi

I'll say it again for the ones that don't understand the original problem (bless)...........no moon in the game should be unpoppable.....Zorg stated that maybe the formula for MD should be changed.......it still hasn't......there are still moons that can't be popped by the biggest players in some servers despite years of RIP building........that is the issue!!!!! So how about that formula change Zorg? :)

God_of_Death wrote:agreed with zorg dissagreed with those against him
ruby moons need to stay as they are
- i you suck at fs a ruby moon helps you
if you don't suck md missions still piss you off
This is the type of ignorant comments that disrupt game development.

Here are some facts though I can already see the replies. They will always go in favour of players who can't play the game very well..as stated above like if you suck at fs then don't expect to keep your fleet long, and this issue does not really concern you.

all these are taken from zorgtools.
Moon size 7000 rips required for a 99% MD = 37. a 8000 moon = 88 rips a 9000 moon = 372 rips. now look at the difference from a 7k to a 9k only 335 rips.. so why does this jump completely out of proportion when we start to go up from a 9.5k moon = 1,529 rips required to a 9.8k moon then requires 9,703 rips.. an increase of 633% in rips for an increase of just 300 kilometres. go jut 50 kilometres more to a 9.85k moon and the amount of rips required increases to 17,293.rips. and yes a 9.9k moon needs 39,008 rips.. just for the ridiculous obscene number required for some moons I have seen (with some even bigger) a 9950 requires 156,424 Death stars.

Now going by Zorgs own formula..a 25 % chance is all that is needed to pop these moons.. so to pop a 9.9k moon at 25% chance needs 9,750 rips... making the risk climb to over 23% that you will loose these rips.. yes gone without a single piece of metal (there is no df from a lost fleet on this mission) you kiss goodbye to, wait for it 73.125.000.000. that is 10 times more than any player but Torgard myself and may be one other player has in fleet value.. so who in their right mind would take that risk to pop a moon for a maximum df of say 8 billion when you stand to loose 73 billion you already have... These moons ruby or just plain lucky moons of this size are ridiculously out of proportion.

What grieves me more is at after about 12 months game play so many players cried unfair to unlimited MD missions, so ZE capped them to an also ridiculous level of just 4 per 24hrs.. when a player can have 21 of his own without counting the infinite inactives he can use or just his or her allies as well.. let alone the fact you all now have ACS defend on moons to boot.. I do not know what more you want to be safe without effort.. maybe ZE can give each player an invisible planet than only you know of thus none of you would ever crash a fleet again..

I will now post this here because I now feel the way this game has gone it makes no difference till something is done on this matter... a player told me a few months ago he sends 50 rubies to any inactive player that has a moon of 9.8k+ making sure that players account is not deleted.. thus he get to use a inactive moon that can not be destroyed for less than the 250 needed to get a chance of a 9.7 (minimum ) from a rubies moon. a cheap option and a loss of revenue to ZE in my opinion..

I would like to see a more balanced MD structure that is more realistic to the game.. like 1k rips for each 1k moon size making it harder to pop smaller moons as well as the larger moons being achievable... by more players.. I laugh and think when others will be in this position what they will cry then..

I would ask ZE to put this to a vote, but I do not see the point to many of you lazy players just want a safe haven to play from because you can not be a player that moves his fleet about and fleet saves well..

I just hope ZE can see the unfairness in the current structure and do something in-line to the game development.
Last edited by Gozar on Sat May 19, 2012 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Every moon should be popable.

@Gozar:
9.5k moon = 1,529 rips required to a 9.8k moon then requires 9,703 rips.. an increase of 633% in rips for an increase of just 300 kilometres. go jut 50 kilometres more to a 9.85k moon and the amount of rips required increases to 17,293.rips. and yes a 9.9k moon needs 39,008 rips.. just for the ridiculous obscene number required for some moons I have seen (with some even bigger) a 9950 requires 156,424 Death stars

I agree with this. If we want to be realistic there should be max 20k rips to destroy 9,9k moon and lowest chance to success is 50% when trying to MD moon bigger then 9.8k. This game wont last long enough to someone get 156.424 DS
Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments...

Re: Ruby moons

Zorg wrote:Ruby moons can be popped. Only Chuck Norris Moons cannot.
If something needs tweaking, it is not the ruby moons but the formula that decides moon pop + deathstars explosion.
Still waiting on the change of formula......just saying :D

Gozar wrote:... a player told me a few months ago he sends 50 rubies to any inactive player that has a moon of 9.8k+ making sure that players account is not deleted.. thus he get to use a inactive moon that can not be destroyed for less than the 250 needed to get a chance of a 9.7 (minimum ) from a rubies moon. a cheap option and a loss of revenue to ZE in my opinion..
lol that's even worse......can Zorg stop any rubies getting sent to inactives players for a start and PLEASE review the formula for RIPS required for moons 9k + .........