Re: Provisions for those who don't want any attacks.

Asheron wrote:
Desert_Reaper wrote:You do realize that the only thing keeping the game alive is the money from ruby purchases, correct?

4 servers, a chat, and forums are all hosted by ZE
Why no advertisements and their revenues then?
For one, advertising is already prohibited in the forums and chat, and there really isn't much room in the game interface to place advertisements. Plus the devs probably do not want other people making money off of them.
20 GP
The Trouble Maker
As Swift as the Wind that carries the Sand comes your DEATH

Omega Class Thank You to Devola/Gale for this super amazing sig.

Weresloth wrote:Imagine trying to send ships from system 1 to say, 500.000. Even cargoes wouldn't have enough capacity to hold the deut required for the trip. If you're trying to make the game more realistic, there are easier ways to accomplish that. Or if you're trying to prove how the game is unrealistic, why not point out the flaws of Faster-than-light travel?

That's why we could use tech to make engines more efficient. In real life, we've made vehicles more efficient in fuel consumption, so why not apply that to spaceships?

Perhaps quit playing a war game if you don't want attacked (and on a side note, quit sending "warnings" every time you get probed). Why should someone willing to spend the money be immune from a good beating now and then? Definitely a no from me regarding that idea.

As for the number of systems and galaxies, I think they are more than adequate as they are now. Making them bigger will only lessen the excitement, especially since longer distances eat into profit. That's a second no from me.

And please, Please, PLEASE!!! No Ads. Horrible little things - ads. People really click on those nasty buggers?

As to not totally shoot you down though, Asheron, I do like the idea of techs for more efficient engines - like combustion engine tech, impulse engine tech, and hyperspace engine tech - we should really think about implementing those. Would really speed things up a bit in my opinion. :D

Asheron wrote:
Weresloth wrote:Imagine trying to send ships from system 1 to say, 500.000. Even cargoes wouldn't have enough capacity to hold the deut required for the trip. If you're trying to make the game more realistic, there are easier ways to accomplish that. Or if you're trying to prove how the game is unrealistic, why not point out the flaws of Faster-than-light travel?

That's why we could use tech to make engines more efficient. In real life, we've made vehicles more efficient in fuel consumption, so why not apply that to spaceships?
Erm, me thinks this needs to be a separate topic
20 GP
The Trouble Maker
As Swift as the Wind that carries the Sand comes your DEATH

Omega Class Thank You to Devola/Gale for this super amazing sig.