Re: New Feature idea: Missions History

Nuada wrote:I must apologize if my remarks seem borderline flaming. That is not its intent.

I do not believe this information should be visible other players.

From this information, with a little sleuth work, it will become a lot easier to track a player's habits - and set him up to be hit. This will be most especially so if the time of the mission is visible - but it will none the less be so regardless. For, from this information, a player will be able to discern another's farms, how frequently they do particular missions, quite possibly the time space between missions, and therefore the distance to missions.
I agree with this. This proposed modification is a terrible idea, as it would make it impossible to remain unpredictable. This would mean if you are #1, you will always be #1 because you can crash everyone else so easy. This would make the game very unfair, and I for one, would switch to another game, such as ---- or ----. Who else would?

Avoid naming other games please and double posting in future ;) ~ Cypher
I have returned. I have opened my eyes to a new realm. And in it, I see my foes at my feet. You have been warned.

Demo Screenshot:
The decision is to have a 3 day delay before a mission appears there. The rest of the details will be available only to administrators.

We will store all transport missions history and all combats of every player for 40 days. A player will be able to browse through 30 days of history.

This feature will be implemented as it is the only way to ensure clean gameplay without any doubts.

This feature is expected to put some constrain to our databases therefore we will delay it a bit more as we need to ensure stability and speed. Also, some technical details of the feature itself command that we will need to wait at least 30 days more before this feature is implemented.

So a probable ETA for this is mid August.

One of the worst ideas I have seen you guys come up with, and that is saying quite a bit. This new feature would be a fantastic idea if it was made visible to admin and the player in question ONLY, but you are taking it a step too far. Let me tell you what you are doing here. You are making it so much easier for larger players to hunt the smaller ones. You are also going to be supplying the larger player with a pretty good idea of online times, and more importantly, fleetsaving details.

You are doing this out of utter laziness on your part, attempting to lessen the amount of email and complaints you receive, but if u had a clue you would realize this action will create far more of a headache for you. This will cause far more of an uproar from the smaller player, or noob as we call them.

Also, you have this forum here and ask for player feedback, but what is the point? There has been a resounding negative response from us concerning this idea, yet you are doing it anyways. I cringe at the thought of what genius idea you have next.

I cannot begin to understand this decison. I beg you to reconsider your thought process on this.

If this is an attempt to gain trust with the playerbase, and alleviate the amounts of emails you receive regarding possible rule violations, I believe it will backfire.

Asking a paranoid group of players to police themselves. Giving them access to this kind of information will most likely result in double the emails that you already receive. Because in the end, it falls on you. The players are going to call foul on just about every fleet movement they don't understand.

This will also serve as a new and wonderful tool for the talented fleeters in this game to utilize. 30 days of history will give them a mass of information that they will use to their advantage. More experienced players will adapt. But it will be just another thorn in the side of less diversified players. Making it even harder to attract and sustain new life in these servers.

This information needs to be available. But not to the players. It needs to be available to a nonplayer appointed by you to look into these matters, or a player that everyone trusts to make the right decisions when these issues are brought up.. The latter would be almost impossible to find. So in my opinion, the players of this game should be able to email a nonplayer any questions, and trust that it will be looked into and dealt with accordingly.

As it stands. I am not looking forward to the drama this will cause when you implement this come mid-August.

I would like to believe, that in the end, you will weigh the pros and cons of this decision and do the right thing for the players.

lets force zorg to start actively playing for six months.. lets teach him the appropriate value for hiding out oneselve in game.

this game is not only for players who play it day and night... there are alot of players who gets to play only for a few hours or even few mins a day... or weekend players...

why hide ur fleet points when the fleet is up in the air if all this privacy is actually taken away like this?

really is a mind f**k this one... i am having hard time to process how this turns out to be a game feature.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

This idea is horrible.

I don't mind if admin sees this kind of data but I mind if other players do. I don't want them to see pattern how I play. They will more easily hunt my fleet. In massacre there are only few who can crash me but I'm strongly against such game abuse.

Maybe admin should rather do his work and check complains. For example we had players who miraculously doubled build points in a day (from million to two) and nothing happened. I was playing for hundreds of hours and made over 20k raids to do a million in build so I know that it is impossible without cheating.

It seems that some are protected and can do whatever they wish.