[Disapproved PB Heavy] Missions History

Hi all,

In order not only to have a clean and fair game but also seem as such, we have decided the creation of a new feature that will eradicate even the last and smallest doubts in the mind of any player.

The new feature is named as Mission History and will work as following:
-ALL fleet missions history will be listed at a new tab at each player profile screen.
-There will be a delay of 24hours before a mission will appear there.
-Player names will be mentioned and mission type.
-Coordinates and planet names will not appear to players, only to administrators. Same goes to resources.

Possible addons for future game operators and/or all players:
-Resources carried
-Coordinates visible
-Mission time
-Battle link

This idea is now open for public discussion. Feel free to share your concerns/ideas on how we can make this better.

Our sole objective with this feature is to provide transparent gameplay.

Re: New Feature idea: Missions History

Not sure that total transparency is a good thing. It will be far too easy to work out a players online times/fleet return times/resource clearing times, etc., etc. Somebody or several somebody's must have whined about something they didn't like about the game. I think that email to admin is still the way to go. Sure, it's more work for game controllers but it's better than losing more players because they lost their fleet or resources to a fleeter who had to do less work.
I would vote no. :thumbdown:
Last edited by ZORTON on Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU CAN KEEP 1/8th

i am not even going to comment about the recent incidents, i already know nothing is ever done against the chosen in ZE and that IS A FACT- there i said it and i will say ti again- you can ban me for it or do what ever you think from now on i will never make a forum post again and i will always be silent in here - do as you want its your game not mine

I highly recommend pissing yourself followed by a course of praying to your impotent god.

we could add battle history of each player
when you click on player card info there will be battle history of all players hits.
it will not show this in battle history :
- time of hit
- cordiantes of planets or moons will to be show
- number of ships will not also be visible
it will show only this:
Pein VS ??? TD:0
The attacker has won the battle !
Winnings: Metal 64.632 Crystal 37.599 Deuterium 10.583
Attacker Loss: The attacker has lost a total of 0 units.
Defender Loss: The defender has lost a total of 0 units.
Debris Field: Metal :100 Crystal :100

also add how much each player raided :
metal:
crystal:
deuterium:

Code: Select all

http://i1097.photobucket.com/albums/g343/Akatcuki/Peinxd2323555.jpg

Possible addons for future game operators and/or all players:
-Resources carried
-Coordinates visible
-Mission time
-Battle link

---------------------

Would a 'Kick Me' sign come with that?

For that reveals everything, and will turn many people into farms regardless of what they do.

Best that this remain visible ONLY to game admin
Ní mar a shíltear a bhítear.
Ní féidir maraigh tú an Dullahan
Níl luibh ná leigheas in aghaidh an bháis.

ZORTON wrote:Not sure that total transparency is a good thing.
Agreed on that, we do need some privacy :P
Zorg wrote:In order not only to have a clean and fair game but also seem as such
To maintain clean gameplay, the reporting to admin works well in my opinion,
If an issue is reported then the admins deal with it, the history of banned players and the
unacted upon reports show that the admins are sifting through them and acting accordingly,
determining which reports need attention and which ones don't.

From what I have seen of other players what I conclude is: If the player was banned they were cheating, if not they weren't
Simple :D

However others may think differently about this...

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points

I must apologize if my remarks seem borderline flaming. That is not its intent.

I do not believe this information should be visible other players.

From this information, with a little sleuth work, it will become a lot easier to track a player's habits - and set him up to be hit. This will be most especially so if the time of the mission is visible - but it will none the less be so regardless. For, from this information, a player will be able to discern another's farms, how frequently they do particular missions, quite possibly the time space between missions, and therefore the distance to missions.
Ní mar a shíltear a bhítear.
Ní féidir maraigh tú an Dullahan
Níl luibh ná leigheas in aghaidh an bháis.

I also feel that were all this information available, it would only do more harm than good. While it may make "playerbase policing" a reality, which may or may not be a good thing, it will show too much about any one player. For those who take the time to do the homework, it will become much easier to hunt your targets. Some transparency is good but not this much. Obviously any breaking of rules should be acted upon as well as providing clearer definitions of the rules for all possible circumstances, but giving every conspiracy theorist a wealth of evidence on which to base accusations would only cause more trouble than it is worth. Just my thoughts on the matter.

i understand i represent an extremely low population..call that and following statement what you want...BUT.. raise your hand if you want me to have this information in my arsenal!!

and that's all i have to say about that.

*edit* i lied i have more to say

IF you feel this is the course of action to take...and to be honest what should be done with stat boards as well...a 24 hour delay should be in place an then just make a window off the stat board that has this information of previous days log for all players without locations..i.e. gumppy vs starhooker Attacker Loss: 0 Defender Loss:597.434.500
winnings Metal:11.811.160 Crystal:2.171.792 Deuterium:1.109.272
Debris Metal:44.442.600 Crystal:44.982.600
gumppy vs xboxslim Attacker Loss: 0 Defender Loss:0
winnings Metal:1.913.503 Crystal:667.697 Deuterium:147.353

so the information is out there but delayed a day.

i will still be able to track patterns and figure out locations and all but be 'semi' tougher.Notice it does not show times merely battles and resources looted.

But this will not clear up anything in my opinion.outside a hey are you on or look at me probe from G_o_D noone probes me..so no one sees 2 things planet resources and how many ruby resources i generate so this leads to the same issue you guys in derv team are trying to avoid now.

email from john doe saying gump is cheating cause i seen how many resources he raided and he score is increasing more then he looted.

this in turn leads to the return email.. thank you your email and we will look into the matter followed with the potential email (which i know you would never tell someone Gump only has 180 rips like you let slip in the past as that is sharing information about my account with others) all records indicate gump is progressing under normal gameplay.

this in turn leads to rants like this

by God_of_Death » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:18 pm

i am not even going to comment about the recent incidents, i already know nothing is ever done against the chosen in ZE and that IS A FACT- there i said it and i will say ti again- you can ban me for it or do what ever you think from now on i will never make a forum post again and i will always be silent in here - do as you want its your game not mine

which in turn he is correct cause someone who doesn't cheat and done more against cheaters in this game than anyone combined nothing should happen to me...

this is in turn leads me to say the following...'Don't let the door hit you in the @ss on the way out!'

soOooo now that you are shakin your head and possible doing a /facepalm moment Sir Zorg..with this presented the way it is..will going thru all this to try and stop emails which will surely still come..is it worth diverting the derv team away from real gameplay issues that need correcting to develop this??

*edit #2* this will kill weresloths reason for being in zorg and a few others but the only true way to inhibit such 'reasonable doubt' if pushing/pulling is going on is to do the following..

1)stop the ability of transport between players
2)lock debri fields to only allow those who participated in battles in the recovery of said DF
3)make it impossible for anyone who was/is allied to attack within alliance(which makes moonshots fun) or attack someone who was once an alliance mate for 14 days.(upside noone can join an alliance learn or see who is online..attack them then leave)