Re: Inactives Cleaning resumed

so what you are saying mr zorg is that we will be going from having hardly any targets to having no targets.... so i guess this means its impossable to catch the top 5 now well mabey its time for me to retire soon

He means clean the useless inactives. They take up too much space. They clutter the server too much and this clean is needed. Inactives that have rubies on their account will still be around. Inactives that have been logged off for more than 45 days (the deletion period) will be wiped clean.
_______________________Public Relations Administrator______________________

__________________A tongue of silver is worth plenty in gold._________________
[/color]

so that means we will lose 90% of our food (in speed anyway) i guess that means we will need to resort to farming the new players harder than we already do .. i hope they dont quit i would hate to lose more active players ,,,

'Useless' inactives are far from useless. My planets were tiny until I took to raiding those 'useless' inactives. I gained 1.8 million points in the course of 2 months where I had accumulated only 300k over 3 without them. I raided nearly 80 planets a day until today.

The inactives with no or next-to-no buildings, fine. Few raid them anyway, and there's thousands of 'em. But to get rid of the built up planets with some meat on them? That's just ridiculous. There is now absolutely no way to get ahead in this game

This change is absolutely awful. There's a damned good chance I'll quit Zorg over this.

I’m afraid that this could be a step back in this game. Like chuck_da_reaper said, now it will be nearly impossible to catch the top players.

I just hope that this won’t have a negative influence on this game. On the other hand the game could become more interesting because of the more intensive fights for resources.

Let us wait and see.

Well when I look around on massacre, I see about 80% people with I or II's. For most of the I's and II's, in my guesstimate, about 60%+ have zero points. Those are planets not a lot of people will raid anyway. But for raiders, the inactives are the bulk of the food supply. This would eventually affect fleeters, because raiders will at some point be forced to fleet once all the 45+ inactives are gone. So after x amount of time, all the long last inactives that raiders in massacre have relied on for months, will mostly be gone. The raiders will have to go fleeter or see if there are any active smaller players that are worth raiding. This will end up making the top 10-50, maybe top 100 going after eachother. I guess that might make the game more interesting but it means less resources overall for everyone.