Re: Inactives Cleaning resumed

I understand your concerns. Rest assured that we are trying our best for the game.

In this particular case, our intention is to bring that many active players in the place of the inactive players purged.

I am torn over this. On one hand we lose a huge source of res. We will be forced to raid the active players. Many will not have the stones to hit larger or even equal players. This will bring the heat down on the newer players and cause them to become inactive thus defeating the cleaning. On the other hand, this will force use to hit active players and maybe bring more competition to the game.

As to opening up space for new players, how will they be brought to ZE? And how long will they stay once they become farms?

Well, this cleaning is something that has already driven at least four players that I know of to leave and resume their --- careers. Good move ZOrg!! Protecting the big players and driving the smaller guys away! Newbies and more established players are now all looking elsewhere. Friends that I have made through playing ZE are now leaving. What a short sighted, ill thought piece of imaginative thinking!

Zorg wrote:I understand your concerns. Rest assured that we are trying our best for the game.

In this particular case, our intention is to bring that many active players in the place of the inactive players purged.
I have to ask, do you think angering the current players, the ones who might refer friends in, is a good course of action if you want more active players?

I'm in agreement with thinman, the cleaning of inactives will reduce overall income which may seem negative,
but it won't half increase the competition between the active players,
I'm looking forward to finding a new strategy to employ :)

Chat Administrator ~ 7 Gale Points

thinman is exactly right about what the end result of this will be. The only way to earn extra resources with no inactives to feed everyone is to attack people who are weaker. The weak will be farmed until they quit, never to return. This measure will reduce the number incoming more than anything else.

I feel that the game that I started playing and the galaxies that I loved and took the time to learn have been wiped clean. In a way it feels like a new game and if I keep an open mind this is good.

But at the same time I feel like quitting too. It took me a long time to learn all the best spots and to rotate and attack. I built an alliance from scratch to be competitive as a top alliance (Shining Winds) on standard with a lot of friends, this was a lot of fun to do! We hang out every day and talk and have a blast, the alliance chat goes through 25 pages of chat every day we chat so much. It's a whole lot of fun and I do not want to see some potentially damaging changes hurt that fun!

I never have liked to attack active players, it was never the game for me, so to me this is changing the nature of the game that I, and the majority of my fellow members of my alliance play. For the last 2 weeks we earned 3.8 billion resources on the scoreboard and I was very proud of my allies for achieving this on the standard server.

We , as an alliance will be extremely lucky to break 2 billion this week with dedication and more time spent to raiding than we used to spend. I do not see how this kind of set back is fun or productive. Please re-consider the changes that you made, I would even embrace a time warp back several days to fix this on the standard server. I do believe that all of my officers in my alliance support this as well.