Account Ownership

Greetings,

I want to shed some light on how account ownership works.

There are 2 variables that protect your account:
-Your email
-Your password.

Since a password can change, the email is what defines the owner of an account.
Payments from the same email for the account, lock the ownership in the best way.

On account creation, 2 email entries are created. The one of the current email and the one of the original email. At the time of creation, both are the same. Whenever a user changes his email, the current email is updated. The original email remains intact.

The original email changes only in one case: Whenever an account legally switches to another. Still, we save the original email in case some hacking is discovered later. Therefore, the original email is always very important.

Now, if an account has a different original email than the current one, and the original email owner claims that his account has been hacked/stolen or whatever, then the account belongs to the original account owner.

At all cases, to protect yourself, follow these (some are even part of the rules)
* Protect Your Info.
* Use a hard to guess password.
* Don't give your password to anyone.
* Use your own email. Keep your email up to date.
* If your original email expires, let us know by email.
* If your account is hacked, report this to Zorg Empire administrators immediately. The sooner, the better.
* Do not buy or sell an account from or to anyone.
* Switch accounts ONLY as defined by the rules.
* Do not lend/borrow accounts.
* Report to administration attempts or threats of hacking or requests for trading.

In the end, remember that account safety is your own responsibility. The most important part to keep your account safe is to keep your password to yourself. While administration will do everything it cans to restore an account, in cases where the user messed it up himself (like distributing his password) there will certainly be no reparations while we might end up banning the account.

Re: Account Ownership

Do not buy or sell an account from or to anyone? Since when was that a rule seeing as so many have done exactly this in last few months?

Also, in Massacre there is no way of knowing who has swapped/traded accounts.....
In Extreme we know certain accounts have changed hands...no info update.....

[quote="sprog"]Do not buy or sell an account from or to anyone? Since when was that a rule seeing as so many have done exactly this in last few months?[/quote]

I know that I would certainly very much appreciate clarification on this point.

Actual sales of accounts for cash or rubies is a long time dirty secret in this game.

Sale of an account has, at least to me, that appearance of being a violation of TOS:

NO RESALE OF SERVICE

You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service.

This is Section 9 of the TOS.

Question:

Does it bar sales of accounts between parties?

Or does it not?

Simply put:
if it's under the RULES section (under help ) then u follow it.
If it's not on there then just use your best judgment or ask.
Unless its on the official rules list then don't worry about it.
A lot of players don't even check the forums so its the only way for them to read and understand the rules.

EDIT: A tutorial would be welcome (especially for new players ) which could include an overview of the rules.
The current one is..... sparse to say the least and doesn't tell u much about the game.

http://www.zorgempire.com/forums/viewto ... =5&t=10063

That s the current rules on account switching that i have found, As the wording goes selling an account is not against the rules per-say. As long as you email the webmaster@zorgempire.net about the impending account swap. Now zorg could also come down and say no you cannot sell accounts.

Let me point out that in the ToS that section posted refers to the service provided by ZE and not your individual accounts (to my understanding)