Forthcoming "Master" Login System

Greetings everyone,

Here I have some information that will be useful to everyone.

Instead of moving our current servers to the new datacenter as we were obliged to do, we decided to purchase a brand new server for the game.

All universes are moving to a new server. Right now, we are using 2 strong dedicated servers to serve Zorg Empire. We will now move to a single powerful server (bigger, better and more expensive) which is expected to improve speed further.

There will be no real downtime, thanks to us getting a new server. There will be controlled downtime of up to 10 minutes mostly. For stability issues however, whenever we move a universe to the new server, we will imply ban of attacks for several hours.

How migration will take place
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This is also the perfect opportunity to migrate to the "One login for all universes" solution we are coding for some time now. We will move one universe per day. All moves will take place within the next 7 days and at non-peak hours.

Players online during the migration, will be guided from the game so no knowledge is needed before hand.

What this One login for all universes is?
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Right now, you need a username and a password per universe. This will change, you will need one email and one password for all universes. Once you login, you will be able to jump to any of the universes you have an account on a single click.

Another thing will be the Zorg Rubies which will now be account specific and not universe specific. If your account has 1000 rubies, you will be able to use them to any universe.

Account Link
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Once you got your brand new "master" account, you will be able to link your existing accounts to it.
Linking will be easy: You will simply enter the username and the password you use for the universe now. Once entered, the account will link to the "master" account and will then be accessible by the new system.

Integrated Forums
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

This will not be available right away. However, the forums accounts will also be integrated into the "master" account. In the future, registration to the forums will be removed and only login from the master account will be possible.

New Universe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The new system will simplify things for us in development and will allow us to eventually launch a new universe. This will happen shortly. I will notify you with a new announcement with details. The new system will also make it easier for us to launch Tournament universes.

I will keep updating this topic as news coming in regarding the new system and the migration.

Re: Forthcoming "Master" Login System

" you will need one email and one password for all universes."

Uhhh, what if we have used more than one email account?

Also, I have been playing this game now since 2011. The email I used for my first, best, strongest account, a business email for a business I no longer own is now defunct, gone, kaput! So, what happens in these cases?

You should not be troubled about this. The process will be different:

1.You will create a NEW account.
2.You will use your current credentials to link any existing accounts in the current universes to this new account.

The only thing you should know, is your username and password for every account.
For security reasons, we will require it for linking even if we could have avoided it.

I have good news for those using Google and FB login:
Their migration to the new system will be eventually not only supported but you will also not need to know your password.

Still, it is a good thing to know in case you use multiple/different Google/Facebook accounts for every login.

It will work like this:
1.Once you create your account to the new system, you will be able to link both your Google and FB login (or you can create it right away with google and fb login).
2.Our system will automatically detect your game accounts under these IDs and will automatically link them.

So practically, upon login you will be able to jump right away into the game.