Re: Forum migrated

If you experienced auto log out issues, it is because we were still working on the boards.

It should now run fine.

There are still numerous tweaks to issue here and above all a link to the main site. This will happen after all migrations are complete.

It should take a while for most to adjust but these forums will prove a better value in the long run.

Re: Forums migrated

The new forum layout is far less user friendly, less clear, and generally more difficult to navigate, imo... Others I have talked to so far seem to have a similar opinion. Is there any discussion about reverting to the old layout, or at least making this an option for users?

Well, I had similar feelings up first. The first impression when you are used to the previous forums is hard.
Now, about 8 hours later I have not only adjusted but I like it already.

I respect though preferences. If you check at the right hand, there is a menu that says Variants. Select the one you like most. There are three. None of them good enough for you?

Also, do you have specific issues? You can always try hitting Ctrl + + (the plus button) to increase the browser zoom. This, on a larger screen can prove good.

I just updated the Bright one as it was not working properly. You might need to type shift + refresh (or shift + f5) to load the latest changes.

We could actually install more styles. Not at this moment though.

It's weird though that you find this less user-friendly. I can understand that the style is completely different and needs some time to adjust but the interface is very user friendly.

The former forums we used, were an old piece of code with far fewer functions. This interface helps a lot with all the new functions you would anyway see.

I find the notifications system pretty good too. Simply click on the bell icon at the top right to adjust yours.

For now, we just also adjusted the colors on the Dark theme a bit. Simply hit shift + refresh (or shift + f5) while on forums main for new settings to apply immediately.

Devil7 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:02 am
the new layout forum is nice and neat i like it but for goodness sake change the damn white background its hurting my eyes when typing or reading.
1.Log in
2.Select the Dark (or medium) Theme Variant at the Sidebar on the right (if you are using a mobile device or a small screen, this will be at the bottom of the page).
3.If the theme does not revert to Dark, hit Shift + Refresh (or shift + f5)
4.Post here to share your experience

I think one thing that would really help the new forums would be an increase in the contrast of the delineation between posts. Right now it is sometimes a little hard to even see where one topic or post ends and another begins. If the lines between various topics and posts could be made to contrast more with the background, I think this would help a lot visually and allow for somewhat easier navigation.