Re: Forthcoming Universe: Massacre

Zorg wrote:DF at 90% sounds an overkill. Personally I think it should be even lower than 70% that it is currently. What kind of massacre would be if you take back 90% of the losses ? This would not be a massacre, this would be filthy hogging.
But with 5% to DF from defence will be ok..
And % DF from defence is good.. But only together..so if you don't want DF from defence, than recover rate to be 70--even 60%..
This way, there will be a balance and for turtles is good too..

Fleeters get: Higher DFs, good fleet speed (7x); shield reg after each round..
Miners get: Very high mine production (4-5x)
Turtles get: Higher regenerating defenses, anti-fleet missiles.

[quote="Zorg"]DF at 90% sounds an overkill. Personally I think it should be even lower than 70% that it is currently. What kind of massacre would be if you take back 90% of the losses ? This would not be a massacre, this would be filthy hogging.[/quote]

Isn't current DF at 60%?

I still like 90% to be honest. The massacre would come from the higher profit potential for a wider range of targets. While I do think that a lower % to DF would help save smaller and / or inexperienced players from larger / experienced players as the profit decreases proportionate to any decrease in % to DF, making it less than the current 60% just doesn't seem like the right move. The universe is to be named Massacre - it should allow for hardcore, cut throat game play with the potential for fast gains and fast growth; allowing for a higher DF percentage would add to this aspect through a higher profit gain for both attackers and defenders. Throw in the suggested higher % defense regen, anti-fleet missiles, decent fleet speed, and higher res production, and you just may have a server worthy of it's name that can attract both green and veteran players and keep them entertained long enough to prevent stagnation from setting in.

If 90% is just too high for most, then at least make it higher than the current 60%. Why not a minimum consideration of 75%? Here's some number just for demonstration.

Losing 1 LC - total unit cost: 15000.
%DF @ 60 - 4,500 Metal / Crystal
%DF @ 75 - 5,625 Metal / Crystal
%DF @ 90 - 6,750 Metal / Crystal

[quote="lowfatspread"]ability to do multiple waypoint journeys..

e.g. transport resource from planet 1 to planet 2 and then land on planet 3
or attack planet 2 from planet 1 and continue on to planet 3

ability to specify different speeds on attack and return legs of missions...

e,g. attack at 20 percent return at 100 percent

ability to overload engines (with increased risk of destruction...)
fleet maintenance tech (reduce effect of engine overload... )

ability to specify multiple attacks from 1 planet to another

e.g. have 5 sets of ship input fields on the attack screen,,, and allow an attack offset of 15 seconds per attack...

allow targetted defence ,,,
let the defender specify what targets his defence should concetrate on...
e.g. ion canon target bs first gauss cannon target cargos... ignore esp

allow recyclers
to attack....
be attacked on df missions[/quote]

i personally like this idea. i think this would be a great addon for all servers. and i agree with kicks veiw 100%.

70 is fine, I wonder why all the noobs are the ones wanting 90%, you're the ones that are going to leave cargoes behind a 'mass of defenses'

We are thei ones that are going to recycle you, so STFU.

90% only makes is WAY easier to do so.

The extra 10% DF will help make a few more targets profitable, and compensate for deut cost.