Re: Forthcoming Universe: Massacre

Not sure if this convo belong's on this thread or the other, I said in the thread the I need player support with more fine details, I did the basic starting work and if needed will finish it as well, What stopped me from progressing was knowing if I could implement a new building/ tech. If so the building would work like a shield dome limited to 1 expect instead of helping defend it would be required to build this type of technology/upgrade ships.

I have been watching this from afar and would like to pop in to clarify a few things, is the release still planned to ensure a competitive start for all, by that I mean Imperial Support deactivation for the first few weeks?

Secondly, any update/release date plans for the universe so far? We are heading into mid October already.

And as my suggestion, I rather agree with Corb's idea down here:
corbeil wrote:Anyone think about making the new universe a re-setting universe, maybe every 3-6 months. Keep people interested, and then you don't have the "uncatchable dream" of the top 10.
I've played a few games like this, all immense fun and a lot more competitive and skill/strategy based than enduring world style games. Would love to see something like this here, if not for Massacre then perhaps a "Tournament" Universe in the future, that follows this style?
When people ask me plz because it's shorter than please, i feel inclined to respond no because it's shorter than yes...

i love the idea, and loved it 6 months ago when kick and i suggested it to zorg in chat. as usual, he shot it down without explanation. new players are always complaining about not being able to compete, and they quickly give up. many of the newer players voicing their complaints on this are ruby buyers, thus supporting this game.