Chat room as a source for players online activity.

I know we have gone at it in several ways before to come to a solution but i just had a different perspective.

This is not a suggestion yet rather a discussion and if we have high positives this can formulate into a suggestion.

The ze chat room is dead!!

accept it cause it is true. now why is that?

alot of players have stopped going into the chat rooms maybe cause they are busy. I think they are cause i stopped for a bit cause i was busy. but to be honest in game i pm with alot of players but they never show up on the chat room. cause in their they show their online times.

so i was thinking if there is a way to be anonymous in chat room. so that one player can be in the room yet not showing his online times to other players. cause right now by clicking on the room it shows players where about.

just a thought. i am afraid this might get very low positives but worth a discussion.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.

Re: Chat room as a source for players online activity.

Persian wrote:We can pick ourselvs a name for chatroom (from option menu)
i think this sort of maybe the easiest way to solve the issue here. we can select our own chat nicks and we will log in with that nick. and yes we can have custom nicks made from the game menu as basically our log in credentials are thrown from game menu anyway.

and chat administration the IDs can be shared with moderators ofc. only they can have the previllege to see the credentials not like now everybody can.

I dont want the chat to show that i am SPY logging in from extreme. Unless i want to.

that way an option can be set or turned off ifi want to show my credential on chat room.

I think a simpler solution would be to make it so only permanent chat moderators and Zorg can view the server that a person is logged onto chat from.

As far as mapping online times, chat isn't actually a reliable method for doing this if you think about it. Just because a person is logged into chat doesn't necessarily mean that they are online, they could be lurking or away from the keyboard (not everyone indicates when they go AFK), or they could just be lurking about waiting for someone to think they are busy.

Also, even if the code were to be changed to say, hide a person's IGN from everyone except permanent moderators and Zorg, there is the issue of the ingame name only rule, which tbh pretty much voids out your suggestion.

Matter of fact, unless you play on all 4 servers at once, there's an even simpler solution: use an IGN from a server you are not actively playing on to log onto chat. Boom, alias.
20 GP
The Trouble Maker
As Swift as the Wind that carries the Sand comes your DEATH

Omega Class Thank You to Devola/Gale for this super amazing sig.

Desert_Reaper wrote:I think a simpler solution would be to make it so only permanent chat moderators and Zorg can view the server that a person is logged onto chat from.

As far as mapping online times, chat isn't actually a reliable method for doing this if you think about it. Just because a person is logged into chat doesn't necessarily mean that they are online, they could be lurking or away from the keyboard (not everyone indicates when they go AFK), or they could just be lurking about waiting for someone to think they are busy.

Also, even if the code were to be changed to say, hide a person's IGN from everyone except permanent moderators and Zorg, there is the issue of the ingame name only rule, which tbh pretty much voids out your suggestion.

Matter of fact, unless you play on all 4 servers at once, there's an even simpler solution: use an IGN from a server you are not actively playing on to log onto chat. Boom, alias.
i am not sure how this is going to solve the problem. anyways why would anyone has to be forced to create accounts in another universe? for example one may just want to play massacre only. so how would that player be advancing this? What you are suggesting is a work around rather than a solution, a good one ofc i am sure many already do that, but still not a proper solution.

about the impersonating problem I dont think anyone other than moderators (permanent) or admins has any business to know who is what actually. We already entrust our credentials with them in many more ways. This will be one more thing. The thing is at this moment players already knows who is what. with the new log in for chat only moderators will know. That i think is much better.