Why a huge drop in forum activity..

Over the last 24 months the use of forums has dropped by over 70%... I believe the introduction of the scoreboards has caused or at least added to this... Very few players now need to come here to see who is doing what or to see who has hit who...

The attacker/defender tables shows most of the information players want to know... and almost instantly.. a shame that a huge part of the social aspect of the game has now gone.. imo if that part of the scoreboards was removed till say end of week round up... this would increase forum activity...

Re: Why a huge drop in forum activity..

I disagree, I use that scoreboard daily for various reasons. I would miss it. The social aspect has changed because some players have left the game, new players either don't know they can post here or just don't want to. perhaps they are all just morose, miserable limp amoebas! But, things go in cycles, it will pick up again, no doubt it will ease off again to, it just happens that way. It's just a cyclical thing.

I was just thinking about when I started and there was no alliance chat, perhaps that has changed things because if we need to know something people usually just ask on chat.

I like the scoreboards too, tho they could do with some improvements e.g. the top climber of the week only really applies to noobs and perhaps there would be a way of making it based for example on %age increase not just on ranks.

forum dewelling has nothing to do with game play. its a community thing. and too many personal clashes to get on forum much. also *** hat forum moderation is another thing that thinned out forum activity over years.

look else where for answer to the question you have. game play has proper minimal reason behind forum activity.
Barbaric nomad causing P-A-I-N.