Re: Generals Tournament III - August - Release Notes

Lol while it would be interesting to have New Stars vs Veterans, I'm not sure all the veterans would get along XD. That and they'd have an advantage over the new stars, who might still be having a learning curve. Still it would be fun to see :)

Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys; look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death.
Sun Tzu

It's been almost a year since the last tourney. They could just copy the codes from the last tournament and do a few editing. Zorg, just do whatever you gotta do, and set one up fast.
I personally find the tournaments more enjoyable than all the existing servers. Clean slate from the start and then race to the finish. It's highly competitive and at some levels aggressive and most importantly, fun.
I recommend a permanent server for the generals tournament. One that resets every month or every two months. Players should be rewarded with medals as well as rubies. So when you open a playercard for a tournament player, it will be different from that of other servers. It should show the number of tournaments he/she has participated in. And what position he/she got slash the total number of players that participated. How many medals he/she has won in total. And some other infos necessary.
Medals should be in the same manner as the other servers, except, it will be given at the end of the tournament. The raiders list will be prepared by the total amount of resources raided from the beginning of the game till the end. Same with attackers list. Cumulative amount of damage dealt to players. Let's knock climbers list off. We don't need that. Defenders list, well, people who are dealt damage shouldn't get a medal for it. I don't even know why it exists in the first place. What would make a more suitable defenders list is those who come out victorious in battles where they are defenders. Successful ninja's should fall in this category. A special mission order should be set for moon shots so it doesn't count here. Like, we have recycle missions, attack missions, there should be moon shot missions, just a suggestion, so this will not be used as a bug to gain defenders point.
Err, what else..... okay, so, first place in any of the lists gets a Gold medal of course. 2nd place, silver medal and 3rd place gets bronze medal. 4th to 10th place gets whatever medal 4th to 10th place gets in the other servers. The rest of us losers who falls below 10 will have to try harder in the next tournament. We don't get any medals or rubies. Well maybe a single unit of ruby, for our time lool. 1st to 10th place are rewarded with appropriate, proportionate rubies, of course. And then the ultimate list of ranks. A list of total points. Same reward method as the previous tournaments. Top ten enter the hall of fame. And are rewarded with rubies too. The list of ranks should be the ultimate goal of the game. And so, it must offer greater rewards than the other lists. Maybe, 1st place in any of the other lists,(raiders list, attackers list, and defenders list) gets 20rubies. 2nd place gets 10. 3rd place 5. 4 to 10 gets 1. Okay, below 10, gets nothing. Contrary to my suggestion earlier.
List of ranks,(total points), first place gets 1000 rubies. Same as before. And the rest top 10 gets what's usually given. Now, the rest of the population should hey something too. Maybe 10 to 20 gets 10. 20 to 30 gets 5. 30 to 40 gets 1. The rest of us below 40 will have to try again next tournament.
With all i've said, I think the rewards are enough to attract a very good population of players from the other servers. They are all just suggestions from a similar game I played some couple years back. Mxit Moonbase.
But, most importantly, generals tournament IV, make it happen. Thank you.

I feel like instead of randomizing when a tournament will be played, Zorg should have a set time limit between each tournament. It will give players more of a chance to be prepared for the tournament, and also provide players who are not able to play very often the chance to make plans to do nothing but zorg for a whole month :P

Perhaps they could have a tournament at the start of every season (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring). Perhaps each tournament will have different characteristics for each of the seasons they are in. For example:

Summer: This tournament might be the fastest of them all. Higher resources production, faster ships, but also more resources should be spent for 1 point. I think 50k resources per point would be nice because it would keep the protected players closer together, and also make you fight to get out of protection.

Winter: Slowest of all the tournaments due to hibernation. However, more debris will be generated from fleet.

See? With the differences for each season, I believe we could spice up the game more.