Re: Resetting generals

The speed issue sideaffects are minimal. If you would speaking about the 13hours that turtles had same regen rates as the rest, I would understand; but we solved that issue too I think by adding the extra 2% in their regen chance till the end of the round.

Consider what happened in the first 40 hours of the universe as a special event for a quick start. It happened for everyone.

My opinion is, that regardless the general you choose, a raiding fleet is always needed. Especially in the begginning where inactives resources are so important.

Also, miners and turtles who are presented like the ones who were affected badly, do have the tools against any speed. Better tools than raiders and fleeters and these are called Storage Den for miners and Regeneration for defenders.

If we really wanted to see who were the most affected, if we were trying to pick a general, then this would be the fleet general. The fleet general has nothing special in the early game whereas all the other three generals do. Still, fleet generals were actively raiding so it would be unfair to say that they were disfavored.

I believe that that no harm has done, at all. Of course, it would be better to avoid it at the first place but we cannot change the past.

We are at day 3 of the tournament at this moment and there are still 27 days to come. There is still too early to detect the winner and of course impossible to blame the speed issue for anything. After all, someone who joins today, can still win. He will have a handicap ofc.

Bottom line, no one forbids anyone to claim that this is the reason that he cannot win or compete. It does not mean that he is right or that others will believe him.

Zorg wrote:My opinion is, that regardless the general you choose, a raiding fleet is always needed. Especially in the begginning where inactives resources are so important.
There are no inactives at the start of the round, thus there is no actual reason for miners and defenders to build anything other than defense
Zorg wrote:If you would speaking about the 13hours that turtles had same regen rates as the rest, I would understand; but we solved that issue too I think by adding the extra 2% in their regen chance till the end of the round.
Quite a good bonus, provided we were able to start the round properly and were able to play our defensive game and get turtled up from the start and wich would put us at even ground with the rest of the players, unlike now when the ones trying to build up a shell from day one got raided and not only lost our starting resources, but lost a good part of our mine income because we were denied the starting resource. Furthermore during the first 48 hours we were loosing our shells at a an awfull rate wich kinda set us back even more. Due to all of this I'm currently forced to shell only my main planet in order to survive, instead of shelling all my colonies
Zorg wrote:Also, miners and turtles who are presented like the ones who were affected badly, do have the tools against any speed. Better tools than raiders and fleeters and these are called Storage Den for miners and Regeneration for defenders.

What regen tools? Dens were also inadequate, because fleeters were landing attacks way before it was actually possible to get a den. Starting with 15k crystal and den costs 20k. Furthermore at that point the den required Research lab
Zorg wrote:I believe that that no harm has done, at all. Of course, it would be better to avoid it at the first place but we cannot change the past.

I beg to differ, we know for a fact that you have to keep records on bought rubies, so restarting the option is a legit way of changing the past. After all that's the best thing about games, they are not real life. We fully understand that this will be troublesome and require hard work on your end, but after it is the kind of mistake that could be fixed.
Zorg wrote:Consider what happened in the first 40 hours of the universe as a special event for a quick start. It happened for everyone.
Events are an awsome thing and I root for those with both my hands, but in order to have a fair one it should be properly announced, not a surprise at a point that everyone has been planning for a long time.
Zorg wrote:Bottom line
The desicion is your and there is not much we could do about it, but at least do not try to convince us that we got the univerce we signed up for. As to beliving or not, its a matter of personal choice, but noone can deny the following facts :

- The speed was not 20x as promised
- 50% of Defense Generals' bonus was not there as promised
- A great number of small, but still game affecting bugs were discovered
- Despite we all started in the same conditions some Generals were better suited to benefit on those conditions than others
- With the speed we recieved the buyable ships provided way more benefit than they were supposed to
- As proven in an earlier post at the rates of 20x even if no defence preparations were made, one could easy enough deflect a cargo hit. At the speed we were given most of us didn't have the time to realise we were getting hit before it actually happens

If all of those are not a good enough reason for you to reset the univerce, we humbly accept that. But please don't use strong words as "No harm has done, at all." There was alot of harm done, but we dealt with it and somehow survived, the sad thing is we lost a good part of the players that would've been active, but hey life goes on :boohoo: :dance: :boohoo:

**** are not supposed to happen when one pays for a service. But I can see why you are scared of eventual server reset. There is no point in that anyways, you will not finish in the top 10 of the round either way

Reset the server and I would still wreck you because the time it takes you to build the rocket I can build 2 light fighters and get through.
You are salty because you are not number 1. You did not pay for a service this is A FREE GAME WITH A TOS YOU SIGNED TOO.

less otherwise stated, the use of service offered is free of charge. The user may, however, purchase individual service offerings and individual features offered in the context of Zorg Empire. The user is informed separately on the kind of features for purchase, especially what function each feature has, possibly of the duration of availability of the feature for purchase, the purchase price and the available payment method in connection with the game.

YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:

YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. Zorg Empire AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Last edited by Doomrager on Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dex0pac wrote:**** are not supposed to happen when one pays for a service. But I can see why you are scared of eventual server reset. There is no point in that anyways, you will not finish in the top 10 of the round either way
What service are you paying for? Go read the ToS zorg owes you nothing and nothing at all. Second, I can see why you want a reset so don't try to pull that card.

Work with facts people. You knowing what I think is not an argument lol. As to being number one, I never was and never planned to be, I'll be vmoded for a week next friday, so belive I've made peace with not making the top ten. The only thing you can see is why Didi doesn't want a reset, because this time around lucky enough for him he was the first to buy the Fleet package and hit almost everyone before we realised what the speed was. That's what gave him the boost, and yet he still lost his N1 spot.
As the fraudent claim that you could get 2 light fighters and hit while one builds a rocket launcher ... you're either a hypocrit or you really bad at math lol :D
PS. When have I said that Zorg owes me something? I'll quote myself:
dex0pac wrote:The desicion is your and there is not much we could do about it
and before you go there, yes I made a typo in there ... it should've been the decision is yours

So at the end of it, if you two want to prove a point I'd suggest you start using facts, in all 20 posts you two have all you've done has been grasping at single sentances of mine, making uneducated guesses on what I think and why I want stuff.
PS for your edit :
That disclaimer takes care of the legal side. Have I, or anybody else ever said that we are going to sue Zorg for the mistake he did?! Ofc not we're all human and we do make mistakes, so it's understandable. But what's at stake and what I reffer as a service is players' trust that Zorg doesn't take sides and is just, of the trademark that Zorgempire is, symbolising equal chances despite being a freemium game (google that one Didi, it will become clearer).

You say we make uneducated guesses without facts and that you where not given what you where "promised" so I post the facts given that they give it as is and you tell me it's off topic. That's classic. I'm done you can ramble on if you'd like.

Doomrager wrote:You say we make uneducated guesses without facts and that you where not given what you where "promised" so I post the facts given that they give it as is and you tell me it's off topic. That's classic. I'm done you can ramble on if you'd like.
There we go again: You said, you claimed you were promised and than you said. Get a grip Didi, I'm MegaCool and we all know that, but this thread is not about me, it's about putting out facts and reason so that Zorg could decide wether to restart the server or not. And where are you facts? Oh ... your facts and reason not to restart the server is a quoted sentance off the T&C ? :roll: Grasping for sentances much? That's brought out of contecst and as I said this is a disclaimer that settles the legal tearms of the agreement. Nothing more. And once again noone said that he/she/me is going to sue Zorg if he doesn't reset the server, we only try to give our point of view and explain why we think a restart of the univerce would be fair.
And only because I'm an awsomely nice guy, I will help you, buy putting out the only facts that I could agree on aginst the restart of the server:

- Not all the passive Generals were negatively affected by the speed issue (accoording to Zorton at least)
- If we get the restart we would have played for 3 days in vein
- We still have 27 days left and that might just be enough for some of the affected generals to recover

PS. Didi, in order to avoid spamming the thread further, please only give reasons, facts or whatever that proove your point (wich in case you have forgotten is that the univerce should not be restarted).

Edit: And yes I say that you are making uneducated guesses on what I think, because I'm quite sure neither of you is a fortune teller or a mind reader. Am I wrong?