Resetting generals

After a short discussion in our ally (and with other players in Generals), I've decided to post this "poll"

I would like to ask everyone playing Generals, for their thoughts for starting from scratch again.

Main reasons may be found in the Bugs section, also adding those:
- Turtles still don't get 80-90% defense returned (which is crippling to them);
- Changing the core of the gameplay in mid-game;
- Fleeter/ raider generals having 40 hours of 'free raids*' on insane speeds;

In total:
- 2 types of generals got extra boost
- 1 type was as it's meant to be
- 1 type is still rendered useless

My 2 cents are on the 'reset' side.

* = free raid means no time for the counter party to dodge, even if the counter party is online and refreshing overview
Please don't go offtopic or start spamming to force your opinion
All you need is a SickMind and a healty body.

Re: Resetting generals

Personally, I don't think the server has been going long enough to warrant a reset; though maybe an extra day or two of competition to compensate for the time spent before the overhaul. So have it end on the 30th or 31st instead.

Or perhaps having another tournament soon after this one is over. Maybe not waiting quite so long this time.
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP

Weresloth wrote:Personally, I don't think the server has been going long enough to warrant a reset; though maybe an extra day or two of competition to compensate for the time spent before the overhaul. So have it end on the 30th or 31st instead.

Or perhaps having another tournament soon after this one is over. Maybe not waiting quite so long this time.
My point was the same - it's not too late (not too much time wasted), to reset.

We started the round with certain speed, built our planets, expanded our colonies depending on that and now out of the blue this has changed. The worst part is some of the players benefit on that while others are benefit, wich kinda kills the entire point of the game. We fully understand that this would require alot of work and trouble for the staff of ZE, but still humbly beg for a restart so that we all face equal chance.

Yes
Generals Must be Reset
If Zorg Don't , At The End of Tournoment it Will be Known As Most Shameful Tournoment Though it is Happening in 2015 and is 3rd Tournmt
You Go Faster
You Will Understand Later ; When You Find Yourself Wasted

What's sad is a reset is warranted after being defeated on even ground. While I can see the errors they made they really can't reset the server. We all had equal opportunity to take advantage of. And everyone seemed to adapt just fine spamming defense instead of fleet so...
Let the server play out. Resetting would be unfair to those who scheduled RL to this time period of the start to have it reset. Make the next torn sooner without buggs.. .
Last edited by Doomrager on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reset required zorg !!
Trust is hard to come by.That's why my circle is small and tight. I'm kind of funny about making new friends.
Eminem

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/e/eminem.html#Y0BD0hjkMo301KEH.99

Doomrager wrote:What's sad is a reset is warranted after being defeated on even ground. While I can see the errors they made they really can't reset the server. We all had equal opportunity to take advantage of. And everyone seemed to adapt just fine spamming defense instead of fleet so...
Let the server play out. Resetting would be unfair to those who scheduled RL to this time period of the start to have it reset. Make the next torn sooner without buggs.. .
Deidara, you can see how many times I lost my fleet, and 'begged' for it back - which is none.

Told you in a PM, will repeat it here. I don't care about few ships, it's the ton of changes that happened after the start, that bothers me. I'm fine either way - will adapt my development tactic once again, to match the actual gameplay.

Another thing - Zorg is not required to do a thing, unless he decides to. This is meant as 'voice your opinion' topic, not as 'force Zorg to reset'.
Last edited by DoctorWho on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doomrager wrote:What's sad is a reset is warranted after being defeated on even ground. While I can see the errors they made they really can't reset the server. We all had equal opportunity to take advantage of. And everyone seemed to adapt just fine spamming defense instead of fleet so...
Some big words for a fleet general. Have you ever had a tought of the disadvantage of mine generals or defence generals? How many hits did you and the likes of you land before the miners were able to get their dens? How many hits were landed on def generals before they built up their defences and furthermore how are they gonna be compensated for the defence lost outside of the promised % and the hits this brought to them? But hey ... ur fleet general, so restart is not gonna work, because you'll have to play an even game ... wich is quite not like you ... pfff

Fleet generals bonuses
15% WSA
Predators.
So your telling me those bonuses helped me? That somehow gave me an army of fleet from the start?
I had a 15% wsa boost on you from the start.
Lord have mercy they think of it all and play a game even? Yeah you're right I'm not used to that, because I've only spent 4 years on speed being on the short end of the stick fighting larger players. Check your facts.
And the defense should be replaced.