Re: Resetting generals

Alduin, if you continue to spam and make new accounts, I'll be forced to ban you again.
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP

@Weresloth
i am not alduin/whippet
i am his ex gf and evreyone knows it
ask sprog , dire , dennis , evilbass , gozar , ....
plus this topic is about resetting generals
You Go Faster
You Will Understand Later ; When You Find Yourself Wasted

And you've made your opinion abundantly clear. Try contributing something new to the discussion.
Forum Administrator
Noblesse Oblige 77 MP

both sides have said everything there is to be said in here, the arguments for a reset and aginst one are put out, can we get ZE's final decision and the topic closed, so that we know how to proceed, please

Only the author can call the topic to close
Trust is hard to come by.That's why my circle is small and tight. I'm kind of funny about making new friends.
Eminem

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/e/eminem.html#Y0BD0hjkMo301KEH.99

Personally I also think a reset is merited, but I'll roll with it either way. I doubt pure miners would have been affected by most of the problems that have occurred so far in the tourney; the issue pertains to people who were trying to build fleet... the person who was able to build the most fleet most quickly was destined to stay on the top because of how crazy fast the server was... Even if other players could dodge nine out of ten attacks, they would still eventually go down.

Thanks for fixing the speed issue Zorg, it will make the server infinitely more playable. I would vote for a reset primarily because of this issue, but I doubt it will happen. Hopefully some of those who were discouraged by the fast speeds early on will continue to play now that that issue is fixed.

In the beginning the only people that had an advantage was the raider generals. That being said, everyone had the option to build fleet, Miners were not effected as people are claiming. Generals provide a boost in an area of of your empire NOT dictate how you should play. Only a select few started raiding early, that tells me most of the people complaining decided not to raid aka doing what it takes to get ahead. You don't have to be a raider general to raid. Miners, turtles, and of course fleeter have this option as well. The server should not reset just because your lagging behind those who took advantage of their tools.

___Didact___ wrote:In the beginning the only people that had an advantage was the raider generals. That being said, everyone had the option to build fleet, Miners were not effected as people are claiming. Generals provide a boost in an area of of your empire NOT dictate how you should play. Only a select few started raiding early, that tells me most of the people complaining decided not to raid aka doing what it takes to get ahead. You don't have to be a raider general to raid. Miners, turtles, and of course fleeter have this option as well. The server should not reset just because your lagging behind those who took advantage of their tools.
You poor soul ... have you made it in the top 50 yet? Cuz I'm in top 10 and I don't think that's lagging behind.
Only Raiders were at advantage, because 15% WSA don't help while fleeting, you're ALMOST right. The thing you're missing is that Miners and Turtles as you call them were promised a univerce that would have allowed them to survive without building early fleet, and that option was taken from them. At that point most of those people were still ok with that and dealt with it, we addapted instead of "moaning" like the big "shark" dude said, we planned our buildings and plannets in order to survive at those speeds. but earlier today speed was changed ... and which are the generals at disadvantage again? Miners and Turtles, because fleeters are not that dependant on planets and can easily abandon and rebuild, unlike us ... Still if Zorg decides not to reset the unverce we will once again deal with it, but it would be quite unfair to give the upper hand to Raiders and Fleeters at the expnse of Miners and Defenders two times in one round, thus we're asking for and hoping for a reset, not moaning, not threatening to go into vmode and sabotage the round or sth. We just want to have play the round we were promised at the rates we were promised with the bonuses we were promised (Defence general's bonus defence restoring is not working).
On the other hand I noone wants to have wasted their weeking only to start over, but I'd say it would be better to have wasted the weekend and have a fair round than the bitter taste of unfairness and could've beens the entire round ...