Re: Tournament III - Feedback

Who said they didnt really feel like playing? There are General choices...I took one that suited my lifestyle at the time. Keep ignoring the facts, you're rather good at that despite everything I/we/everyone else has said. Ftr, well said WitchyWoman.... a voice of reason :D

You have your 2 cents, i have my 5 cents.
Dens will not be changed or taken away, Zorg was explicit about that. Flex said it, focus on brainstorming about the turtles and raiders. You said the people that are pro dens are all from one alliance in General.
As far as i know, the 3 players that are constantly moaning about taking away dens were also in one alliance.
The difference between the 2 groups is that the pro dens group is not just the one alliance but also other players that were in generals. That says a lot.
Please focus on suggestions for raiders and turtles. I didn't play as one of those so i have nothing concrete to throw in the box.
But yes, let's just concentrate on them ....

Considering I spent a lot of time dodging your raids I would say you were just after the wrong girl. By the way, when I wasn't checking to make sure I wasn't getting hit, I was making five and half hour drive moving things from my old home to my new. Cleaning new home and old home. My absences were not because I did not wish to play, they were because real life happens. Just imagine if I had been able to actually play.... your arse would have been ninja'd with a miners fleet :twisted: So much for being a raider. Tell you what, maybe next time I will come in as a raider and show you how it's done. Real life permitting.

Fly high and safe
Witchy
Just when you thought your were in control... I proved you wrong!

Speaking as someone who played as a fleeter, I still don't think storage dens should be removed. Essentially what witchy said: saying get rid of storage dens is like saying get rid of preds or weaken them to the point where they are just sort of another ship out there. There's a lot about playing in a tourney that is different than playing in normal universes... in hindsight, I carried too much of my strategy from Xtreme over to generals. But, for a first time tournament player who started in an alliance with more issues than I can count on both hands, I still think I did pretty well! When you guys say storage dens are "game killing" you are really complaining about people playing the game WELL in that they have managed to optimize the capacities of their general and make themselves unprofitable. Prime example of a player who did this is Zorton: he colonized and upped his mines early, built a pred-countering fleet of battleships and RIPs with some lgs to coutner RIPs, and raided more than anyone else in the last week in order to maintain his lead. That's why he won! Kudos to all those who optimized the capacities of their chosen general as well as the dynamics of the game available to everyone and did better for it, my two teammates who stuck it out to the end among them. THAT's strategy for you.
Last edited by Pulsar on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i see only deidara and didact don't want dens :)

and my friend deidara , when you collect almost every good fleeter/raider in your alliance , so yes then , no fight and no fleets to hunt!

also you don't play a permanent universe with tons of inactives/newbies !
most of registered players in tourney are "active" and "experienced".
means you can not expect to raid 3 billion like what you can do in speed.
means if you want to hunt a fleet you must work on it harder.

also witchy , sprog and sinister said the point : usually busy people choose mine general and if you can play 10 hours a day , doesn't mean others can do.

-Alduin/Morttis

Last edited by Alduin on Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light is Easy to Love
Show me Your Darkness

Alright, you guys want to keep your dens then so be it, lets do what Zorg wants to do then, lets see some nifty buffs to the raider and defense generals, because all of you think that they are just under powered. So lets see some suggestions then.

also, this is what we say
Remove the den and replace it with something more strategical
This is the part you all read.
Remove the den and replace it with something more strategical
Somewhere in between den and the word and you guys seem to break down, We don't want the den removed and the miner left as it is, we want it replaced with something fair. Also, didn't some of you quit anyway why you still giving feedback lol.

OMG, yes some of us quit. Myself due to RL. So bite me lol
It doesn't mean we won't play another round. It was my first time in Generals and i underestimated the commitment needed to play it out.
It does not mean i will never play the tourny again. Just means that when i ever decide to join again, i'll know that to expect and what's expected of me.
Somewhere along the way this thread spiraled out of control and turned into a flame war.
And no alduin, it's not 2 people demanding dens be removed, it's 3 people.
3 against a whole bunch of other players

-MrSinister- wrote:OMG, yes some of us quit. Myself due to RL. So bite me lol
It doesn't mean we won't play another round. It was my first time in Generals and i underestimated the commitment needed to play it out.
It does not mean i will never play the tourny again. Just means that when i ever decide to join again, i'll know that to expect and what's expected of me.
Somewhere along the way this thread spiraled out of control and turned into a flame war.
And no alduin, it's not 2 people demanding dens be removed, it's 3 people.
3 against a whole bunch of other players
its about 3v5 if you want to get technical, of course, these are the only people willing to talk, a lot of people have come and gone without saying anything.

You all know I was a miner and think the dens were a waste of time. I stopped building them. My best planet topped out at 70.4 mill metal, 22.5 mill crystal and16.9 mill deut daily. Think I could protect that with storage dens? Think again. I had 19 planets all at 31/27/27 minimum. Most were 32/28/28. Why would I waste the res to raise storage dens when they could not hold anywhere near what was required?
YOU CAN KEEP 1/8th