Re: Tournament III - Feedback

deidara , didact and zorton
don't waste your time on discussing about dens
zorg said we need changes for turtles and raiders more than other generals

for turtles :
-80% defense regerenation
-voyagers gets removed and instead of that , there is a really expensive and pretty slow ship who has a great rf even againts predators to sit on planet and helps in defending. ship name: Macabre(player can have limited number of this big monster depending on "defense" tech. defense tech is a really expensive tech)
[macabres are not avaiable to acs defend other players)
for raiders:
-star raiders has a greater rf againts defenses
-star raider name change : "invader"
-also star raiders/invaders become faster
-raiders can unlock elite cargos at lower techs

for fleeters:
-30-40% lesser duetrium cost
-20% more powerful w.s.a.
-"PREDATORS"
-ability to get some of duetrium back if they recall fleets

please tell me what do you think about these and PLEASE DO NOT INSULT/TAUNT

-Don't Fly High ; Costs Much Duet :)
Last edited by Alduin on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light is Easy to Love
Show me Your Darkness

Each generals promotes a different style of play. Styles of play are the most important elements in a massively multiplayer online game, in my humble opinion. A player might enjoy to raid relentlessly while another might prefers to run and hide. The more styles of play you can provide as a game developer, the better for all.

It does not mean that style A is better than style B and winning in the A style is better than winning in the B style. Now, if you are forced to play style A to win, there is an issue, but I do not see such a problem here.

This is why no radical changes are needed.
One said to add another general and use the voyager. I agree on adding a new or two new generals but no removal of the voyager from turtles. In my play as a turtle, voyagers helped me a lot to compete in the 2 weeks I played (not at this tourney).

If we were to buff the turtles, a simple increase in defence regeneration could be more than enough. For example, instead of a random 80-90 def regeneration, a stable 90% regeneration on all cases.

For raiders, the major problem they have, is that the era where Star Raider dominates the universe is too short. Shortly afterwards, everyone starts to build considerable defence against them. One solution would be to decrease the mine output. This would slow up the universe growth and it would extend this era. Or we could tweak star raiders a bit. Or both.

If anyone can propose more generals (the requirements are 1-2 buffs + a special ship or building).

Suggestions should focus in providing options to the player using the general and perhaps countering some other general. The addition of 1 more general could make things even more interesting.

Personally, I do not think reducing mine output will really help raiders at all, and in a fast paced universe like Generals it may slow gameplay too much. While it may extend the era of star raiders, it would also mean less resources available to raid.

I would suggest instead that star raiders have their cargo capacity increased by a fair bit and be given rapid fire against all defenses instead of just rocket launchers and light lasers. I would also give star raiders a higher speed. By the end of this tournament I was able to raid better with ECs and preds than anyone could with star raiders... Ideally star raiders should remain viable throughout the entire tournament, in my opinion.

As for turtles, I think defense regeneration should be increased as others have suggested, but I also think they should be given some sort of extra protection against IPMs. Maybe a small chance of defense regeneration even after an IPM attack? Maybe a special buffed version of ABMs? Something like that.

Just a few thoughts to consider!

no radical change ha ?
ok these are least changes i can offer :
turtles:
(they NEED radical change)
raiders:
-change star raider name to "invader"
-star raiders/invaders should have higher speed
fleeters:
-ability to get back some of duet if they recall fleets
miners:
dens cost lesser crystal
Light is Easy to Love
Show me Your Darkness

This is what was wrong with Generals- and why fleeters could farm anything to hell. Hits that would not be profitable on other servers were easy money on this one, thanks to the OP predator.

In order to get the same amount of firepower to an enemy that matches say 100 predators (30,000 deut launch cost) here's what you must sacrifice in deut to launch.

Let's start with the best non-rip ship that doesn't suffer rf to the mighty op predator.

B-ship: 200,000 deut (6.67 times as much deut cost to achieve the same firepower, while receiving less shielding)
BC: 142,000 deut (5.7 times as much deut to achieve same firepower, while getting owned by rf)
DSTRY: also 200,000 to achieve the same stats, while getting owned by rf

Basically... Predators are 5-6x BETTER than any other ship in regards to fuel when raiding anyone is taken into account. This completely made planet defenses useless... unless we had 6 months to spend all our res on defenses just to safely protect 12 hours of production. -.-

Build 10,000 battleships? Cool. Ready to do some damage. OR... you can send 40,000 predators for the same cost of launch. Totally fair to everyone else.

I was top 20 in defenses before I went v-mode.. and was getting hit by people for 1/2 of my 8 hours production... even after storage dens took some from view.

Generals was biased as F*** against anyone without pred.

Also a 3 month generals would be nice. That a way when I go on a 1 week vacation I can still compete.