Re: Tournament III - Feedback

i have to say... one of the problems is not really the game, more it is the inability of the players to stop and think about how they want to play and how they can get the most out of their general game play and how they can counter others. A perfect example is comparing deut launch costs of preds and BS.. if you are concerned about that, play a fleeter, problem solved. if you want to play a miner... stop thinking like a fleeter or raider and play a miner. I watched over the shoulder of Witchy and we laughed at how easy, but very time consuming, the tournament really is. All you need is the ability to create a plan, counter what others are doing, and time to do it. Honestly, if you look at each general as it is now, you should be able to win (be in the top 5) no matter which you choose. the ranking simply shows who put effort into thinking and who had the time. if you disagree you can always state your case and allow me to explain some different play styles and strategies if you cant think of any yourself.

Very True!
One of the tactics I saw in use was a whole alliance farming one player, not giving them a second to breath until they quit.
Its nasty but if you harass a player around the clock their growth will drop drastically.
Being very aggressive and not giving players any wiggle room is really effective at stunting other players growth.

Next tourney Ill probably go as a miner.
Why?
Time.

I devoted a LOT of time (initially) to this tournament.... I was even no.1 for a week or two.
However the cost (in time) required to constantly keep my planets safe and resources off ground when constantly targeted by a whole alliance became too much for me. I had Uni and others things to attend to, so I eventually just stopped logging back in.
Being a mine general would enable me to actually get some sleep (for once) during the tourney.

Point is, a group of coordinated players with a plan will decimate everyone.
Fly safe!

I didn't get to play in the tournament due to it starting right as I was on vacation, but two new general ideas:
Recycling General: Ability -75% duet costs for moving Rec and 25% faster rec speed.
Special ship: Storage ship that can be used to effectively keep resources safe and also be used as a rec. like a hybrid ship larger than LC but smaller than EC

Research General:
Ability:+25% research speed -25% research cost ability to upgrade the lab while researching
Special Building: Cloaking shield a building that increases your esp. tech for that specific planet or hides def or fleet from view.