Want to report a bug ? First check the READ BEFORE YOU POST sticky

Expedition recall

Bug Title - Recalled Fleets from Expedition Taking longer than expected
Universe - Standard
Bug Description - I sent my fleet on an Expedition, but changed my mind less than 5 minutes later so I recalled the fleet and when I went to see how long it would be before the fleet was back so i could resend it, I saw that the fleet was 7 hours out. this doesn't make sense to me.

Time it happened - around Sun 23 Feb 2014 Time: 05:30

Re: recalled fleet from Expedition taking longer than though

If I recall correctly, expeditions can be timely recalled before they reach outer space. After that, the full time must be completed.

Either case, we can change where it works better, after all Expeditions are to be re-designed. Personally, I would push for what makes more sense. I cannot flag this as a bug but I will leave it open till issue is first cleared out and secondly addressed with a code update.

Let me know when you recalled.

Re: Expedition recall

What malachi is complaining about is true. I thought this was a fairly well known fact among the more experienced players, and am certainly surprised that you Zorg were not aware of it, as I have always assumed it to be a deliberate feature of Expeditions, and I know people have used the feature for secure FS. I believe neoshagrath had alluded to it a long time ago in the forums, and I assume it was a large part of the reason that some fleeters wanted the moon option removed from slot 16. Malachi, with a little thought you will realize that this feature of expeditions is very useful for FS.
Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the Spiffiest of them all?

Do Science Responsibly: Don't Do Science and Drive

"While it's good to learn from experience, it is better to learn from other people's experience" - Warren Buffett

The second part is correct, the first part is simply wrong. If you click send on an expedition mission and immediately recall, i.e. before it reaches outer space, the return time is the one-way mission duration. That is, if it would take your fleet 5 min to reach slot 16 and you recall immediately after sending, it will take your fleet 5 min to return, NOT the few seconds between send and recall. This will happen every time in all universes.
Mirror mirror on the wall, who is the Spiffiest of them all?

Do Science Responsibly: Don't Do Science and Drive

"While it's good to learn from experience, it is better to learn from other people's experience" - Warren Buffett

While I was experimenting with this in Xtreme, I found out some things that do not seem right;

1.When you recall an expedition mission, the time to return is the time that it needs to get there. We can live with this I suppose?
2.We fixed it that it returns in actual time when it has not reached slot 16 (effective only in X-TREME at the moment).
3.From what I see, the time can either be 1 or 2. If you select 3 or 4 it will take 1. Possibly this is from a former fix where the select menu has been left unchanged. Can anyone recall/point to the right direction?