Want to report a bug ? First check the READ BEFORE YOU POST sticky

Re: Phalanx not working

Runcho wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:40 am
And I see a lot of planets on ally mates that are NOT in green and sometimes I accedentaly hit the spy button.
When you are on a moon and view an allied planet in the same galaxy, it won't show up as green. I have no idea why, unless it's an oversight/minor bug... But from my perspective it's just as well, as the dark green text is not always that easy to read against the dark blue background.

I played a bit with it. The conclusion I reached is that if it is in within lanx range all planet names are shown in white (except own planets that are red). If you move to a colony or another moon and view the same system with allied planets you will see them as green.

I mean is it supposed to be like that? 99% of the time I am operating from a moon and ofc it's much more efficient to look close around you first and than probe deeper. And even if I am not using the lanx that much I still probe and having all colonies including ally's white is a bit confusing. Than that brings up the question - what is the purpose of having ally colonies in green at all if 99% of the time you see them in white?

Runcho wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:07 pm
I mean is it supposed to be like that? 99% of the time I am operating from a moon and ofc it's much more efficient to look close around you first and than probe deeper. And even if I am not using the lanx that much I still probe and having all colonies including ally's white is a bit confusing. Than that brings up the question - what is the purpose of having ally colonies in green at all if 99% of the time you see them in white?
Agreed, it does sort of defeat the purpose of the different colors, although it's a minor thing. Again, my best guess is no one really intended it to be this way and it's just a minor oversight/idiosyncrasy.